Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest ROS-TCP-Connector package version 0.6.0 throws error

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by agru, Jan 10, 2022.

1. agru

agru

I wanted to upgrade the ROS TCP Connector package from v0.2.0light to the newest version v0.6.0 for the Object-Pose-Estimation Project but now I keep getting this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Unity.Robotics.ROSTCPConnector.RosTopicState.SendServiceRequest (Unity.Robotics.ROSTCPConnector.MessageGeneration.Message requestMessage, System.Int32 serviceId) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.robotics.ros-tcp-connector@7f055108f4/Runtime/TcpConnector/RosTopicState.cs:234)
    3. Unity.Robotics.ROSTCPConnector.ROSConnection.SendServiceMessage[RESPONSE] (System.String rosServiceName, Unity.Robotics.ROSTCPConnector.MessageGeneration.Message serviceRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.robotics.ros-tcp-connector@7f055108f4/Runtime/TcpConnector/ROSConnection.cs:310)
    4. Unity.Robotics.ROSTCPConnector.ROSConnection.SendServiceMessage[RESPONSE] (System.String rosServiceName, Unity.Robotics.ROSTCPConnector.MessageGeneration.Message serviceRequest, System.Action`1[T] callback) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.robotics.ros-tcp-connector@7f055108f4/Runtime/TcpConnector/ROSConnection.cs:283)
    5. System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__7_0 (System.Object state) (at <31c0f51ac5a24a22ba784db24f4ba023>:0)
    6. UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext+WorkRequest.Invoke () (at <ad50157ee00e45cdb3c8bd67012f8804>:0)

2. amanda-unity

amanda-unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the post--I've responded to your GitHub issue to consolidate discussion on this topic. If others have feedback, feel free to comment here or in the Github issue linked!

agru likes this.