Search Unity

Latest package version missing from the package manager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by perchangpete, Aug 16, 2019.

1. perchangpete

perchangpete

I'm trying to import the latest version of the ar foundation package into my project. However, the most recent version (2.2.0-preview.3) does not appear in the package manager list - the most recent version that i'm able to install is the previous version (2.2.0-preview.2).

I am using Unity 2019.2.0f1. If i create a clean project using the same unity version, then everything seems fine - the latest version of ar foundation is available.

Could there be some kind of hidden dependency that i'm not aware of? Some kind of requirement that my project does not meet to allow the latest ar foundation to be installed?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. perchangpete

perchangpete

I manually edited the package manifest file to add the latest version of the package... Still no luck :-/

LoadFailed.png

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  3. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there, I just give it a try locally and I have no trouble finding the `2.2.0-preview.3` version.

Could you provide a more exact repo process? You mentioned that if you create a clean project everything seems fine. Does it mean that you only see this issue when you upgrade a project? On what version was that project created?

4. perchangpete

perchangpete

Hi,

Thank you for your response. You are correct, if i create a clean project then I can see the new version of ar foundation in the package manager list. With my old, upgraded project i cannot see the most recent version. The old project was originally created with Unity 5.2.3 and has been upgraded a number of times (it is now on 2019.2.0f1).

Unfortunately the repo process is really simple (with the old project). Load unity -> open package manager -> notice that the latest version of ar foundation is not in the list... The ar foundation package list is always wrong.

As well as what i said in my previous posts I've also tried to reimport the project assets and i've tried 'reset packages to defaults' - i've also tried to load the same project up on different machines.

Is there any other project information that i could give you that might help? I'm happy to send you the project if that would help....

PackageManagerIssue.png

5. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

Could you check your existing project's manifest.json file and see if it's pointing you to a different registry?

If you don't see anything strange on it, please report an issue for us https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Thanks so much!

6. perchangpete

perchangpete