Search Unity

Latest Package Validation Suite not showing "Validate" button

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by bdovaz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. bdovaz

bdovaz

Hi,

We are trying to convert our codebase to packages and we want to test if we are following the guidelines. For that task we are using "Package Validation Suite - 0.4.0-preview.19" but in 2018.3.8f1 doesn't show "Validate" button.

Can you fix it? Thanks.

2. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

It sounds like the issue could be the assembly wasn't loaded properly. Is there any compilation errors in your project? You might need to fix the compilation issues before the validation suite can work properly.

If your project doesn't have any errors, usually restarting Unity could fix the issue. Could you give that a try?

Best,
    Ethan

3. bdovaz

bdovaz

I tried to downgrade that package and it works from preview.14 and below, that's why I think it's an issue with the package itself or the combination of the package with that Unity editor version.

4. ethan_jl_unity

ethan_jl_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I just talked with the team and they confirmed that the UI options for 0.4.0-preview.19 only works with Unity 2019.1 and above.

Validation Suite is strictly an internal tool (and it is stated that way in the description if you read through it), and we do not support it externally. Currently it's still going through a lot of changes and it's considered unstable, so please use it with caution.

For now I would suggest you stick to preview.14 or wait for the stable version to be released in the future. :)

Best,
    Ethan

5. bdovaz

bdovaz

Ok, thanks.