Search Unity

Latest Asset Store update not always imported (was: Warning!!! x 3)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DFT-Games, Aug 4, 2011.

1. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hey guys,

this to warn all of you that I just noticed that the Asset Store IS NOT NOTICING THE UPDATES!!! I've seen this with my Match-3 Starter Kit and also with Will's Fingers Gestures: the UI did't propose me to update, but I did publish a new release and that release number was shown, same for Will's gestures: he posted in the forum that a new version was live but the button only shows "Import".

So be careful to double check and FORCE RE-DOWNLOADING YOUR PACKAGES BEFORE IMPORTING!

Hope this will be fixed ASAP!!!

2. onllm

onllm

good heads up

3. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

4. mikevanman

mikevanman

yer I found, deleting the downloaded package, forced it to redownload

5. psyclone

psyclone

Ive noticed this.. I seem to have tracked the caused to the Asset being reclassified under a new type.

6. jasonkaler

jasonkaler

I hate subjects like that - gives you no clue as to the content of the thread.

7. JollyJenkins

JollyJenkins

8. freyr

freyr

Hi guys.

I pushed out a change yesterday that should fix this issue. The problem was due to the fact that when downloading the package from the Asset Store, it is stored in a directory hierarchy based on the name of the publisher, the category and title of the package. When changing any of these, the old version was not overwritten, and when importing the package, Unity sometimes found the old version instead of the new one.

By making sure that the Asset Store client passes the full path name of the package to Unity when importing, this should now be fixed as per the last Asset Store server update.

With kind regards
    Keli