Search Unity

Bug latest (3.2) always uses wrong UnityEditor version for new projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by a436t4ataf, Sep 4, 2022.

1. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

Previously the Hub had a setting "default editor version for new projects". Where has this gone? Did someone delete it?

I looked in:
    1. Preferences - nope.
    2. The dropdown when creating new project - nope, there isn't one
    3. The dropdown for choosing the editor version of new projects - nope, no setting here (I believe this is where it used to be?)

Hub is now always using "the highest possible installed Editor version" for creating all new projects. This is wrong 99% of the time - no-one should be creating new projects in latest (unsupported, alpha/beta) Unity.

It doesn't do the obvious thing: use the same version as was used last time. But if it can't do that, it should at least allow us to select the version to use.

e.g. I currently have Unity versions 2018 through 2022 (current Unity beta) installed. Hub forces all new projects to use the highest number it finds. Every single time I have to manually remember to change it to the correct version (currently 2020LTS).

When I forget ... The hub doesn't allow you to cancel new project creation, so I'm stuck waiting ages, so I can delete the project and start again (since Unity still doesn't allow project downgrading).