Search Unity

Question latency on grabbed object when I move the stick

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by cibernaio, Apr 24, 2023.

1. cibernaio

cibernaio

ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif
    HI,
    I'm using the new XRI sample project,
    I've seen that if I move the stick, the object I'm holding doesn't stay still in my hand but moves a span to the opposite side of the movement, how can I reduce or eliminate this problem?
    I would like to play a sport game with bat in hand (including physics, so "is kinematic" is not good)that hit a ball, but I can't solve this defect. I tried to play with all the parameters of the physics and time menu, in the Unity project setting without solving or reducing the problem.
    I've tried a bunch of games on Quest2 and none have this bug.
    Who can help me?
    Thanks

2. ericprovencher

ericprovencher

Unity Technologies

Two things to try
    1. There are movement multiple modes you can use on a grab interactable. (Instantaenous, velocity, kinematic). Try instantaneous.
    2. In the physics settings, try enabling “auto-sync transforms”.
    Hope that helps!

3. cibernaio

cibernaio

Tried auto-sync transforms checked but nothing changed,
    and if I put on "XR grab interactable" -> "movement type" = instantaneous, the object moves perfectly synchronized if I move the stick, on the other hand, it loses physics altogether, for example if I throw a ball, it no longer bounces:
    instantaneous.gif

if I put on "XR grab interactable" -> "movement type" = velocity tracking(or kinematic) when I move the stick there is latency, i.e. my problem to solve, while if I bounce a ball, here the physics is perfect :
    velocityTraking.gif

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023