Search Unity

[⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐] Editor Portals: Jump around your terrain instantly! Save so much time!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AtomsInTheVoid, Aug 17, 2020.

1. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

[BUNDLE: GET THIS ALONG WITH PERFECT F FOR ONLY $30 WITH THE BETTER EDITOR 2 PACK! Normally $20 each ($40 together), this is 33% off the regular price!]

GET THE BETTER EDITOR 2 PACK HERE

Link to Scene Pilot

What if you could just CLICK on your terrain or mesh object and instantly teleport across your vast scene?

Are you making a large open world scene? A giant spaceship? A dangerous labrynth? A claustaophic cave system?

How do you get around? WASD?

What if there is a BETTER way?

Introducing: Scene Pilot! It's like Fast Travel for the Scene View. Once you try it, you'll wonder why no one has thought of this yet -- until now!

Take a look:

It's 4x Faster than normal WASD Movement (at least!)

Why did I make this thing?

Like many of you, I'm working on a dream project. A vast wilderness with a 5km square terrain that needs to be completely filled with detail. As the project grew, so did the lag. Getting around my scene became increasingly frustrating. WASD started to lag, causing me to overshoot my destination constantly. If I wanted to get from one end to another, I would trek forward with "W" and slowly watch my speed accellerate, and accellerate, and suddenly I see my target whiz by. It would sometimes take 5 minutes just to frame up the area I want to design!

So I thought this was ridiculous, why can't I just click and go? So, I got to work. I was so charmed by my initial tests that I kept adding to the idea. It was cool that I could traverse 5km in a second, but I didn't really know where I was actually headed. So I put a preview window overlayed over top of my mouse. That was super cool! But then I got thinking, "Man, I wish I could slightly rotate the view to the left a bit.. and maybe rise the camera up a few units"... next thing you know, I'm developing one of the most unique assets you'll find on the store.

It's honestly SO MUCH FUN just jumping around my scene, exploring interesting camera angles that I wouldn't have had the time to position before. Not only do you save HOURS in navigation, but you could also use this to show friends and colleagues what you're working on!

FEATURES
    • Teleport quickly with JUST ONE CLICK
    • Convenient PREVIEW BOX shows you exactly where you'll end up
    • Fine tune the ROTATION and POSITION prior to travel
    • Get the perfect view with PRECISION MODE
    • Customize HOT KEYS to ensure compatibility with your other must have assets
    • Configure ALMOST EVERYTHING to your liking
    • Great way to SHOW OFF YOUR LEVEL to friends and colleagues
    HOW IT WORKS

Just hover over the Scene View and hit SHIFT+CTRL (configurable) and you'll see a preview box pop up with your destination. Right Click and BAM! You're there!

If you instead hold down the Right Button and drag around you can adjust your final rotation!

Also press and hold your Middle Button and pan your position up/down/left/right.

You can use the Scroll Wheel to walk forwards or backwards into your ideal position.

Press ALT and all adjustments will be very small and precise.

Now just release and YOU'RE THERE!

Don't worry, this is all designed to feel very intuitive, you'll get the hang of it in no time!

All movements can be inverted to your preference.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS OUR HIGHEST PRIORITY AND WE WELCOME FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS!

[BUNDLE: GET THIS ALONG WITH PERFECT F FOR ONLY $30 WITH THE BETTER EDITOR 2 PACK! Normally $20 each ($40 together), this is 33% off the regular price!]

GET THE BETTER EDITOR 2 PACK HERE

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Mark_01 likes this.
  2. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

[Reserved for future post]

3. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

[Reserved for future post]

4. trueh

trueh

Interesting... Let me know when it is released. I want to try it.

AtomsInTheVoid likes this.
  5. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

I will send you a DM when it's on the store. Looking forward to your feedback as my goal is to make this a fully integrated part of your design experience. I already have a few ideas for additional features and enhancements that'll hit a future update. I've tested it quite a bit but there's always the chance at a bug or two, when identified I'll work to fix it asap! I'm here for the long haul.

6. Mark_01

Mark_01

I have this bookmarked, so I will see this asap it is on the store. I have a good feeling about this asset for you.
    It seems very good idea and execution. If it works the way I see it, I don't know, I think this is worth way more then 10 $
    even. Think how much time it could save studios... Even just as a hobby for me.. I am looking forward to
    seeing it on the store. I hope you do very well by it. :)

7. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Thanks a lot! I hope you're right! Thing is, I hope everyone who's using Unity will want to grab this so I'm trying to keep the price as a no brainer for the hobbiest to the big studio (it is a per seat cost so big studios will pay more anyway!)

I'm also working on a few other really cool assets that'll greatly enhance your development process. Once I get a few on the store I'll likely produce a "bundled" version as well.

Your early support means I can dedicate even more time to making these nifty little tools first class features.

If you notice the asset store slowing down its because I've been hitting F5 on the status page all day long! (Kidding!... Or am I?)

Mark_01 likes this.
  8. Mark_01

Mark_01

It is exciting! Some times is takes them what seems like a long time..
    hopefully the wait won't be to long.

9. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Mark_01 and JBR-games like this.
  10. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thank you!!! I just tried your Demo scene. WOWOW ... Works great.
    This is such a good idea. This will go on my list of .. in every project.
    5 stars for this .. not enough :)

I'm first to leave a review, :) I hope you hit there 5 stars reviews fast for
    greater visibility on Unity store page.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  11. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

You're most welcome! Please let me know your thoughts when you get a chance to play with it, and don't forget to leave a review!

If anything seems off, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll be sure to issue an update asap.

Thanks!

Mark_01 likes this.
  12. Mark_01

Mark_01

I just left a review, I edited my post above, but hey 2 posts is better. The demo scene, no problems and really smooth.
    This will be huge in time.

13. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

A TEN STAR ASSET?

You're my new favourite person! Thanks for the kind words!

Mark_01 likes this.
  14. Mark_01

Mark_01

If you like I have seen many asset dev's do a promo in this forum.. And using fomo,
    you could also advertise in here, since you have it at half price for a time..

https://forum.unity.com/threads/what-is-on-secret-sale.403998/page-73

If you like I will delete this post after you have seen this. Many people follow that forum :D

15. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Done! Thanks a lot that's a great tip!

Mark_01 likes this.
  16. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Please let me know if any of you have ideas for new features! I already have a few in mind...

Mark_01 likes this.
  17. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

As of right now Scene Pilot is the top result for new assets with a special "RECOMMENDED BY OUR USERS" tag!

Thank you so much everyone I'm so excited you're all enjoying this!

Attached Files:

Mark_01 likes this.
  18. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

19. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Another video for Perfect F. Yes, these two assets work very well together.

Vanilla F vs Perfect F with a UI Canvas:

20. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

I just added an "UNDO" function, so that if you fly somewhere but don't really like where you landed, you can revert to the position you started at. Coming in the next update!

21. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

New version submitted for approval.

The UNDO button is super cool. Did you crash land somewhere by accident? No problem, hit the Undo Flight button and try again where you launched from originally.

Please note! A user has identified a rather significant bug where Scene Pilot was accidentally overriding the use of the "QWERT" move/rotate/scale/etc operations. I've squashed that and it's now fixed in the new version!

22. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

I want to sincerely, profoundly thank everyone who's purchased and LOVED Scene Pilot! I'm happy to make game development feel like playing a game itself! This should be FUN not frustrating and that's my mission here, to make the Unity Editor work for you in new and creative ways.

If you're loving Scene Pilot, please give it a nice review!

If you noticed anything strange with it, I'm here to help so please reach out to me directly or here on the forum.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  23. rmorph

rmorph

Hi! I'm looking forward to using your asset but at the moment I get this:

Assets\ScenePilot\Editor\Scripts\ScenePilotEditorWindow.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Boo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Can you help?

24. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Oh my!! I thought I fixed that already.

Somehow a ridiculous "using lang.boo;" snuck into the top of the code.

If you want to quickly fix, just double click the error in the console and delete that line. (Double clicking should load your c# editor, usually Visual Studio)

I'll send an update asap though to officially fix that though.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  25. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Boom! Update submitted. Likely live tomorrow.

Mark_01 likes this.
  26. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Hey everyone! Big update, made the distance preview texture render better (previously there was some flickering) but also added a really nifty shader that creates a portal like effect that it feels like you'll be flying through when you jump.

Get it here!

27. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

28. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

29. vertexx

vertexx

I'm repeating myself here on this page as well as your "perfect F" page. Seems to be some confusion as to pricing and what one will get?

Hi. I'm probably rather dumb....But going to the link provided only shows one asset.
    And this...BUNDLE AND SAVE 33%, each asset is $14.99 or get them together for $19.99! Only $5 more!
    Can you give some guidelines on prices or roadmap on what to do to receive this bargain of packages and at what price??
    Thanks...

30. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Hi there! Funny you should mention that as I just noticed that for the first time today after all this time. The lower price is a big typo, and it'll be corrected likely when Unity updates tomorrow.

31. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Tell you what, wait a day, I'll put the bundle on sale for $20, I'll reach out to you when it's live

32. vertexx

vertexx

Thanks.. Already have "Scene Pilot" might think about "Perfect F". Just have to peruse it's value :)
    Your "Scene Pilot" is the tops. "Perfect F" will have to be pretty good to top it?

33. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Oh! Lol well Perfect F is $20 anyway . For what it's worth the bundle is now at the sale price too, but the sale price is $20 so you can get it either way!

They're similar concepts but ultimately quite different. Perfect F gets you around from an object to object way, it rewrites the "frame" algorithm more into a "focus" algorithm so that it'll always bring you to set distances of given objects (instead of randomly who knows where!). Also, if you have any world space UI it'll place you perfectly flat in front of it so you can manipulate the components positions better

34. vertexx

vertexx

Midnight in Australia..Just been looking at the Task Atlas...Looks mighty good.Might get that? Same price I think. Thanks.
    I'll sleep on it!!

35. dFlynnSo

dFlynnSo

Hello =)

Scene Pilot isnt working in 2021.1.4f1? Getting some Errors T_T

greets

36. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Oh no! Reach out to me at shrinkrayentertainment@gmail.com with a screenshot and I'll investigate!

Thanks!!

37. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This is a Teaser for an upcoming project continuing the Apollo's Dream series.

The video was made with Unity 2019 using this asset.

38. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Thats amazing! Very beautiful, love the music!

dsilverthorn likes this.
  39. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thank you!:D
    Your assets are helping things go faster and definitely more organized.:)

40. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This video was made using this asset. @AtomsInTheVoid I am looking forward to your new asset!

Third in the Apollo’s Dream series, we make these for all people to find some peace and beauty in this world of chaos. We hope you enjoy it.

41. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

That looks rad! Nice work! Love seeing it.

If anyone is interested, all ShrinkRay assets are half price now. Just click on of the links in my Sig.

dsilverthorn likes this.