Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Last 2 games released Unity sale thought.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unitychristy2, Oct 12, 2014.

1. unitychristy2

unitychristy2

Hi, I released 2 games onto itunes about a year ago
    I have released other games previous to this but with a different engine.
    Both releases where released at about 11.45pm onto the market.(Itunes decision)
    I basically never received the first day sales like my other games had received.
    I didn't think anything of it until I read about the possible Unity sale,
    Seeing that Apple asked Unreal onto the stage is the itunes marketplace
    skewered away from Unity or was I just unlucky twice in a row?

Thanks for comments from people who have released games with Unity onto itunes and had good first day sales.! To combat my paranoia!

2. resequenced

resequenced

I love conspiracy theories but I think you're reading way too much into that. Apple only invited Unreal onto stage at WWDC because UE4 supports Metal under iOS 8.

Unity have confirmed that Metal will be supported in 5.x.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Don't pay any real attention to rumors from CNET or VentureBeat (CNET references them as their source). They're not a very good source for news.

SolitudeSA likes this.
  4. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

I am a bit confused, you say you released your Unity games a year ago but are saying you think the recent news of Unity possible sale harmed your first day sales? Don't quite understand. Does anyone getting games from the App store care which engine was used?

elmar1028 and giyomu like this.
  5. malosal

malosal

Yeah me neither. How would people browsing the app store know your game was made with Unity?