Search Unity

Large scale tracking

Discussion in 'AR' started by eco_bach, May 19, 2019.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

2. Blarp

Blarp

When dealing with interactive structures or overlaying a large 3d model ontop of it's real life counterpart, you utilize point cloud mapping.

This is mainly covered in the previous thread you made asking a similar question with "World AR."

Grouping point clouds together for the purpose of localizing allows you to anchor 3d objects in relation to them.

For example, if your anchor is an image or object, when you look away and walk around, the phone will lose tracking. The phone has to constantly be localizing against something on the screen or else it will lose tracking overtime. This is why you "paint" point clouds around the areas your users typically look at. This way as they move around, you are able to correctly localize and anchor models accordingly.

3. eco_bach

eco_bach

Thanks. Just googled but not much coming up for point cloud mapping as it relates to unity other than importing point cloud data
    ie

By chance do you know of any walk thrus or tutorials?

4. Blarp

Blarp

I posted all of this in your other thread about World AR and in the previous post above saying where all this information is.

Your profile is private, so I can't easily bring up your own thread to link it to you. So you'll have to locate it yourself.

I have a feeling you just post arbitrary questions for some reason, without really caring about the answer.