Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Large amount of images using CCD

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by weerda, Oct 2, 2023.

1. weerda

weerda

I am creating a quiz-like game which will includes nearly 2000 images (photo), and the number will grow. I was thinking of:
    -Putting the images online
    -Have users select images for certain categories and then load them to the device
    -For this, they can create filters on image characteristics so that sets of images are selected
    -Users can remove images from their device manually and a rule can be set to automatically remove older/unused items (not the main issue at this point)
    -Use standard components as much as possible. This should handle security and the general plumbing. Price is less important than quality and ease of use.

My questions are:
    - Does CCD support this scenario and would it be proper use?
    - if not, can you please please give me a clue in which direction to search. The only thing I find are old posts, rattling scripts, or platforms that are retired.

2. Pflosch

Pflosch

Similar problem here, I don''t understand which unity services to use.
    In my case it's not images, but small serialized instances of a class.
    - I need hundreds (or thousands) of these files on the server,
    - clients must be able to add such files
    - clients must retrieve such files by submitting criteria of the file name (server randomly returns files matching those criteria)

CloudSave?? CloudCode? CCD?
    I basically can't figure which service could do this, and would like to avoid firebase, :/
    Any hint appreciated.