Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Landscape Builder 2 - Procedural Terrains, Advanced Prefab System, spline tool, and much more

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sstrong, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

Hi, I'm having a problem, not from LB, but I imported Dissonance, a chat asset, and Mirror, a networking asset, and Dissonance for Mirror. One or more of those caused LB, and Weathermaker, to not show up under the Window menu. The LB tab also disappeared. LB is still in the project, so is there a way to open the LB editor from the project window?

2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I'd check the console logs. Most likely there are scripting errors caused from importing one of those assets. Compile errors can prevent editors from running.

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  3. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

I did, but nothing related to LB, but there were several errors from Weathermaker and Mirror. I deleted all three and the WM errors were still there, so now am deleting WM and going to re-import it and see what happens. :eek:

4. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

There were so MANY Mirror scripting defines, even after deleting. But re-importing WM seemed to have done the trick. What I'll do is after completing my terrain 100%, then I will add Mirror and Dissonance and not worry about it. :confused:

5. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Even if the errors are not related to another asset it can prevent all editors from working.

sstrong likes this.
  6. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

Yeah, this happened before, where LB and WM disappeared from the Window menu, but WM was able to work from the hierarchy.

7. sstrong

sstrong

Unity requires all Editor-related errors to be resolved before it will correctly run editor scripts from any asset (including LB). It is possible the WM only uses Inspectors not Editor windows. You might have found some of the inspector components of LB were still working too - but that won't help if none of the Editors work. Your only real option was to resolve the errors from the other packages first - that's just how Unity works and we have no control over that.

When importing a new package I often will build a new (test) project and make sure it works correctly before adding to a Production project.

Willbkool_FPCS and StevenPicard like this.
  8. eaque

eaque

Hi,

Sorry to bother with a question that is not related to LB but do you know what causes this:
    each time i modifiy the terrain with some hand sculpting like set height..i have those black pixels.
    I texture with VSpro and it gives me this issue....

thanks for your help
    cheers
    upload_2020-10-2_11-46-51.png upload_2020-10-2_11-46-51.png

9. sstrong

sstrong

Hmm, interesting. I think I have seen something like that before in Unity. If it comes to me, I'll let you know what was the cause.

BTW if you want to texture a path using LB, you can use an Object Path in the Groups tab, then set the texture options on the Surface tab.

eaque likes this.
  10. eaque

eaque

thanks for your prompt reply (as usual), of course i asked on Vspro discord, i'll let you know for info.

and YES, object path texturing is perfect, no more pixels...:)
    btw i know it was an old update but the ability to change the resolutions of the heightmap real easily is fantastic to me. Really helped me a lot!
    thanks!

sstrong likes this.
  11. sstrong

sstrong

We currently have some bundle and upgrade deals.

LB_SSC_Bundle1950x1300.png

12. sstrong

sstrong

Coming in Landscape Builder v2.3.3

A customer recently had a problem placing gates or unique prefabs along a procedurally generated Object Path. So we added this new feature:

upload_2020-10-12_14-27-33.png

It works with Select Methods of Alternating and any of the 3 Random selection methods. Currently we support up to 10 fixed placement positions per main member.

13. sstrong

sstrong

Here is a revised demo scene made with Landscape Builder. We replaced the default trees with some speed trees, tweaked the lighting with LB Lighting, modified the LB Camera Animator speed curve, and made a build with Unity 2020.2 beta 6.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    eaque likes this.
  14. eaque

eaque

1st view on youtube:p quite early this morning!!

sstrong likes this.
  15. sstrong

sstrong

upload_2020-10-14_15-44-26.png

Version 2.3.3 includes the following updates and is now in the Asset Store

[NEW] Vegetation Studio Pro integration - imported unity terrain grass uses persistent storage
    [NEW] Vegetation Studio Pro integration - selectable default biome for the landscape
    [NEW] Groups - Object Path Width-based Series can include fixed positions for some prefabs
    [FIXED] MicroSplat Integration - error when upgrading to MicroSplat 3.5 or newer
    [IMPROVED] Topography - memory management with multiple layers (GPU)
    [IMPROVED] Topography - GPU smoothing supports 4K heightmaps
    [IMPROVED] Importing Texturing, Trees, Grass - can quickly (re)import if required
    [IMPROVED] Stencils - display uncommitted changes warning when painting

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    eaque likes this.
unityunity