Search Unity

Lander Commander : UA 2008 (Competition Version Done!)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by gizzerd91, Sep 11, 2008.

1. OXYGEN

OXYGEN

Hi buddy got a imac core duo with 2 gyg ram will give it another shot

2. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

So what'd you think?

3. OXYGEN

OXYGEN

Hi Bud
    It crashed Again on FireFox :cry:

Dont understand why it would do that my machines specs are Midrange?

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It's probably a null reference exception, which will crash Firefox though most other browsers will carry on. It's important to always fix all errors/warnings whether they have a bad effect (like crashing) or not. If you're not sure, look in the log files.

--Eric

5. podperson

podperson

I do think it's a bad thing that null reference exceptions cause hard crashes in browsers. But yes, you should leave no warning or error unfixed.

6. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

Mmmm. I didn't do that. Let me go back and fix that.

7. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

Mmmm. I didn't do that. Let me go back and fix that. I think I know where it is.

EDIT:
    Sorry, my browser went haywire on me for a sec. Would a forum guy please delete this.

8. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

9. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Hmmm - just tried the link above (and tried your game for the first time) and it played the Practice Level (Tutorial?), but when I clicked on "play" it crashed FF3 (most recent update).

And I've got 8 cores and 10gb of memory, it's prolly not my rig.

10. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

All the visible errors have been taken care of. I have no idea what went wrong. And 8 core! wow! thats some serious hardware. That makes my MacBook Pro seem puny. Well, it had to happen someday :(. But the fact that it crashes the webplayer sometimes doesnt really bother me. Its meant for iPhone release. Try the standalone though. It's pretty decent.

11. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

I love the controls , very fun game !
    I think you should put a skip button on the story screens. I never like to read stuff in games if they are not about the narrative and this game is about the action but this is minor.

12. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

You can press escape to skip it, but I agree for the iPhone release it needs a skip button. I'm glad you like the controls. Cross your fingers for me come the 22nd!

13. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

I've gotten a request for the webplayer version of the game, and I hate rapidshare, and its too big for a PM, so I'm posting it here. If anyone uses it in their website please just note that it is coming for the iPhone. The Psycho Turnip Games logo is at the beginning of the game, so there's no need to put that on your site unless you want to.

14. Afro

Afro

Hi there!

Lander Commander works well (Firefox 2.0 on WinXP SP2)

(I don't know where to upload the pic so i hope it's allowed to post web adresses)
    But i find a little bug:

http://k2pics.bplaced.net/details.php?image_id=12

I passed the line but then I costumized then my ship...

But all in all it's a great game...

Best wishes..

Afro

15. gizzerd91

gizzerd91

That's an older bug. I used to (before the competition version) have it so that you couldn't save the lasers/pillars and their turned off state. The standalone has that now. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I would upload a new webplayer, but I'm really cramming to get the engine of this new MMORTS me and some buddies are working on done before the end of break.

16. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

NICE!!! I got to the 3rd planet, but got stuck on a respawn point... I like it a lot.