Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LAN, 2 clients same camera, why?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by maronas223, Mar 25, 2020.

1. maronas223

maronas223

Hello,
    I have some problems with my unity project. I made LAN game, and its working fine when its only one camera in scene... But when I put camera in player prefab and spawn 2 players(one host and another join player) I see that camera is same in both screens...Controls working fine in both screens, different to each other. Any solutions?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Why do you need 2 cameras when each client only needs their 1 camera?

But if you want both cameras, you'll need to disable all the cameras you don't want to use on each client, or start with all the cameras disabled and only enable the camera the client wants to use. I'd probably do it on the Player GameObject after checking if isLocalPlayer is true. I'm assuming this is Unet or Mirror.

3. maronas223

maronas223

Thanks for reply.
    No, I need one camera for player, but when 2 players spawned in both players is a same camera, same view. Players walk normaly, but see same view, and when looking around with mouse in both screen same view. Maybe you know how to fix it?

4. maronas223

maronas223

If somebody will have same problem to my I found solution. In script make public gameObject, add the camera from your prefab to it. Then disable camera in prefab by uncheck place marked in my SS.
    Then in script write:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void Start()
    2.     {
    3.         if (isLocalPlayer)
    4.         {
    5.             CameraY.SetActive(true);
    6.         }
    7.     }
    Where CameraY is gameObject camera from prefab. I hope will help somebody!! :)

Attached Files:

Janne-L and Joe-Censored like this.