Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Laggy Commit Window when Committing Many Files and File Limit

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by AdamKane, Jun 14, 2016.

1. AdamKane

AdamKane

On the initial project commit/publish, I'm seeing about a 60 second lag time before this window responds to key-presses. For example, I start my first commit for a big project, and cannot type into the window to add a description for about a minute or two.

Also, I think some members of my team would be confused when confronted with the 6000 files limit, which looks like an error message. It would be great if that limit could be raised or removed, so that a brand new user of Collaborate isn't confronted with a hurdle so early in the process.

2. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Hi, Thanks for the feedback!

First, about the 6000 amount of file limit, let me reassure you immediately by saying that it won't stay that way. Right now it's more a back-end issue that we need to figure out before we can lift up that alert you are experiencing right now.

For the lag issue though I have a couple of questions, What beta version are you using? are you on windows or on mac? What is the size of the project in term of file amount and disk space?
    We had a fix for that at some point, I'm going to try to have a repro on my side too with a bigger project too.

AdamKane likes this.
  3. AdamKane

AdamKane

Hi Thierry,

Sorry for the delay.

Unity version: 5.4.0 b19

Project Size: Assets folder = 1.6 GB

System specs:

Thanks,
    Adam

P.S. Nice to hear file limit is just a temporary thing. Definitely no big deal for now to commit/publish in a few batches. :)

4. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Just a little update on the laggy commit issue. I saw a fix for that last week and tested it with a 2.5GB project. Took about 5 seconds to load instead of minutes. Hopefully you will have it in your hands soon!

AdamKane likes this.
  5. AdamKane

AdamKane

@thierry: I'm now seeing great performance in the commit window (Unity 5.4.0f3), even for large projects. Thanks!

holliebuckets likes this.