Search Unity

Lag in play mode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by alexsheppard5, Mar 24, 2019.

1. alexsheppard5

alexsheppard5

Hey all, I am fairly new to Unity and have started creating my world using some assets like Gaia, CTS and Vegetation Studio...

I am running an RTX 2070 with a Ryzen 2700x...and with virtually nothing in the world besides some terrain and foliage, I am only running 30-40 fps..is there a reason for this?

Thank you!!

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

You can use Unity's Profiler to find out what's slow in your project. Please note that the editor itself comes with come overhead and the game normally runs a lot better as a build (File > Build).

Here is a quote from Unity staff regarding editor performance:
    Here are some links that should help you get started with the Unity Profiler:

Profiler overview
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Profiler.html

Introduction to the Profiler
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/interface-essentials/introduction-profiler

3. alexsheppard5

alexsheppard5

Thank you!! I will give that a try

4. Padzz

Padzz

So you mean that its lagging just because its rendering the game and scene view, and after building it should be fine right ?

5. quincyHuang

quincyHuang

Technically, yes.

6. Pranavsmehta

Pranavsmehta

This is the issue in newer versions. When any object is selected in hierarchy the play window lags. just deselect all gameobjects by clicking in empty area of hierarchy window and then hit play.
    this is annoying hope this gets fixed soon. I am using 2020.1.2

7. Tortugs

Tortugs

Hello Everyone. I am also new to Unity (using 2020.3.5f1), and also experiencing the same lag once I run the scene in unity editor. Does every one usually face this?
    Every scene is laggy once i run it in the edito. but after a build, the game is smooth once you play on a web browser.

ReeDimm likes this.
  8. Eshego

Eshego

Did you fix your issue?