Search Unity

LA - Meet and talk shop

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by manicotti0, Dec 26, 2019.

1. manicotti0

manicotti0

I'm new getting into Unity. I do have a "background" in coding, but it's so sketchy by now (15 years later - lol). I live in the LA area and just wonder if any people like to get together in front of a computer and talk shop and try things. I am just thinking seeing things get done in real time with a real person who can answer real-time questions might be much more helpful for me.

Just a stab in the dark here.

I have some REALLY great game ideas. But how to implement...?? Finding I'm slow at figuring things out. :/

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. When I first started in Unity I had the same idea. If only I could find a mentor to answer my questions and guide me through the rough parts.

The developers you are seeking to guide you all have their own projects. You have nothing to bring to the table that might entice them to help you. In order to team up with others you need to be able to provide what the others are lacking ( artwork, modeling, coding, etc). Without something to offer, you're just dead weight. Developers are not lacking game ideas, their lacking time to complete their projects. Kind of hard to believe someone would give up their precious time to help a stranger. The best we can do is try to answer questions posted here.

Do the tutorials and work hard, you'll get there, the people your hoping to find all did it that way.