Search Unity

Kokori. Videogame about cellular biology(beta)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ganon, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ganon

ganon

Hello, my name is Sebastian Gana, I am from Chile and for the last 10 months I have been working on an educational videogame called "Kokori" which is about cellular biology.
    Some facts about the project: The project was started and is directed by the school of Biotechnology of the University of Santo Tomas, it is funded by chilean institution FONDEF, and the game is developed by ACE Team. The intention is to have a fun alternative to learn, and the project is aimed for young students in Chile (though it is likely a version in English will be released later on).
    The game is somewhat like an RTS (real time strategy game), where you command microscopic robots (nanobots) to do things inside of the cell and fight virus and bacterias.
    There is a website for the game at http://www.kokori.cl (in spanish)
    The final version of the game will be free for anyone to download and play.

About this Beta version:
    All the major features and gameplay are already done. We are at a stage where we are removing bugs and fine-tuning the gameplay, and we want Kokori to be played by many people. Any feedback you can give us will be very helpful:
    have you found any compatibility problems? any bugs which dont allow you to progress in the game? are instructions not clear? etc.
    If you do have any problems with the game, it would be great if you could send me the file “kokori_Data/output_log.txt”, which will give me good information about any bugs.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.aceteam.cl/kokoribeta/
    The file is compressed in .RAR format, just uncompress into a folder and run kokori.exe

And some screenshots!

2. JRavey

JRavey

Wow, that looks really great. I have a dinner to attend tonight and will definitely try it out this weekend!

3. dbp

dbp

looks very nice, windows only though?

4. Novodantis

Novodantis

This looks good, I really like the art style and the complexity of the cell (also, there's not nearly enough games about Biology out there IMHO).

As we actually do some translation work on games where I work, I am familiar with a few words like "jugar" but for a game of this nature one needs a much better grasp of the language than that! :D

Anyway, looking very good, will definitely check out an English version (or learn Spanish, whichever comes first).

5. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

The screenshots look excellent. Could you please suggest some ideas on lighting, shaders and textures ?
    The visuals are very appealing and any suggestions on how to reproduce 'em is very appreciated.

6. scarpelius

scarpelius

Seems interesting, but you should provide an English translation of commands and dialogs if you want feedback.

7. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

this looks spectacular!!! I gotta try this asap!

8. Artimese

Artimese

Would be great if i was allowed to switch to english D: I doesnt work in the options, and the highest res is 1280x1024, might want to consider the little box in the beginning to switch to any resolution before you play :p

9. ganon

ganon

Now the team are working on the first pass of English localization. :)

10. dpentecost

dpentecost

Count me as another vote for a Mac app version if you want it widely played. It would be great to see that now, to help with beta tests.

Beyond that, I am beginning to work with Unity in dome theaters - planetariums. Your game would be great in an interactive, immersive environment. There is a free Unity plugin from Elumenati (called Omnity) that creates the fisheye view of the Unity world to allow projection in domes. I'll be watching your progress and hoping to convince you to try adapting it for the dome.

Checkout:
    http://www.elumenati.com/
    http://www.planetarios.com/

11. ganon

ganon