Search Unity

Games Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD (Story trailer)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Ukitakemalcom, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Ukitakemalcom

Ukitakemalcom

Greetings, I am one of the developers of Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD from Loftur Studio.
    We have a kickstarter right now, please check the trailer out!

Now that we are reaching the end of the development, I would like to talk about a few things about our game and its multiple systems, tools and design decisions.

There are a lot of topics to talk about: graphics, pathfinding, cinematics, custom editors, etc. I will update this thread with a few of them, and I will answer any question that may rise.

Thank you for reading this, if you like the game please consider sharing it!

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    HeyMyNameIsVoo likes this.
  2. StyleToken

StyleToken

Wow, the game looks fun, I see that you really tried on the game.

The style reminds me of Adventure Time.

3. Ukitakemalcom

Ukitakemalcom

Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD is a not-so-serious adventure that brings together mechanics from RTS and RPG games. The game is a complete narrative adventure (fully voiced) in which the player will control Kofi and his companions and fight against different types of enemies, solve some puzzles, explore different regions and talk with a lot of stupid NPCs.

story-768x768.png

Kofi Quest is primarily a real-time strategy game with a lot of units and subunits that have different stats, graphics, animations, special skills, types, etc. The game also has 5 Mercebinary captains with 3 unique skills each one that lead the other units.

In addition to that, the player can interact with a lot of different things: enemies, npcs, obstacles, traps, consumable items, equipable items, etc. But where do we store all these information and stats?

RTSEditor1.PNG

RTSEditor2.PNG

To help us configure the game we created the Database Editor, an Editor Window that displays lists of Scriptable Objects in different tabs. Each tab has its own list of structures that store information of the elements in the game and different options that allow us to create, edit and delete in an easy way.

RTSEditor3.PNG

RTSEditor4.PNG

This editor was one of the first things we designed and programmed for the game. We thought that having this tool would help our designers (and every member of the team) do a lot more in less time, and we were right.

(PD: We are having a kickstarter right now, check it out!)