Search Unity

Know of any good places I should promote my game (Rocket Golf)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by supperfly, May 27, 2019.

1. supperfly

supperfly

RG_Banner.jpg
    Do any of you know any good places to promote an indie game without spending a whole lot of money?
    I have been working on a game for a few years now and its come time to do some focused advertising and outreach. I have put together a few trailers, an early access page on Steam, a Facebook page, Instagram, twitter, web page, etc. . .

I assume theres some really good blogs and communities out there but the ones I've found so far a very genre specific, mostly FPS and Strategy. Any advice would help. Thanks.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/984910/Rocket_Golf/
    www.rocketgolf.com

2. Ony

Ony

Aside from looking for blogs that will write about you...

Here's one method: Depends on what kind of game it is. Find online communities that might be interested (golf related, for instance), and become a functioning, contributing member of those communities. Casually mention your game if something comes up that's relevant, but don't just jump in and spam it. Put it in your sig, etc. If you do it right then you can get people interested and actually excited to help you out.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    supperfly likes this.
  3. supperfly

supperfly

Thanks Ony,

I didn’t think of going outside the gaming community before. I’ll try looking around for some groups in the golf sporting community.