Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

KINGS - Card Swiping Decision Game Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maulwurfmann, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, this one needs to be skipped too.
    import20183.png

2. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We have now submitted Update 1.42 to the AssetStore, it should be available soon.

Changes:
    - Updated project to Unity 2018.3
    - Kings ImEx now supports new Prefab system
    - Bugfixes (King/Queen icon did not actualize when selected with "SelectKing" card+ War/MoneyCredit counter did not work with multichoice cards + Hyperlinks now work again in documentation)

Also Admob script is included but not fully tested/with some known issues, so this is not officially included and no documentation etc, but you can try it already out if you want to.

You will have to download the GoogleAdmob Plugin from here: https://github.com/googleads/google...download/v3.15.1/GoogleMobileAds.unitypackage

And then enable Admob for Kings by removing "//" from the first line of the PlayAdMob script.
    admob.png

Full integration of Admob together with Unity Purchaser support will be added with the next update.

3. CCM

CCM

Hi Maulwurfmann,
    I assume it is a Unity 2018 Problem - I am using Unity 2018.3.4f1.
    Here my ImEx Window with the standard cardlist.csv:
    upload_2019-2-12_14-55-31.png
    This is the result, where the cards are generated, but no question text or answers are included and I assume also the style is not working. Card "Army_Weapons": upload_2019-2-12_14-56-38.png

4. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, this is an issue with Unity 2018.3. In Update 1.42 this is fixed. If you can't wait you can send me an e-mail and i will send it to you in advance.

CCM likes this.
  5. CCM

CCM

Thanks a lot Maulwurfmann, update V1.42 works perfectly with Unity 2018.3. No more issues regarding import. Thanks for the fast and outstanding support :) !!!

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  6. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update is now available in the Asset Store.

digifilm likes this.
  7. CCM

CCM

Hi Maulwurfmann,
    is it easily possible to use different game logs for summarizing the result at the end? I would like to have one for each category (result description of army category and on a separated card the religion result text) and show each text one on a separate game-over card.
    Any suggestion, can I change this in the asset without coding?

8. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

What exactly do you want, since there are 2 types: Achievement/Milestones gamelogs which are added manually by a card, e.g. get married, start a war etc. or the value based game logs, whichs shows a specific text depending on the value of a faction, if you want these you could use the "Value Dependent Text" script for it, see screenshot below.

valuedependenttext.png

9. CCM

CCM

Hi, I am using the value dependent text script. But everything is written in the same log file (gets long and I want to split it). I would like to have a logging per category and show the logging result on separated cards. Is this possible?

10. drahen

drahen

Hi Maulwurfmann,

I am trying to follow your video here

But I am stuck on 3:36 when modifying a base card, it seems that I cannot set the Source Image to the newly imported blue background.

I am using assets v1.42 and Unity 2018.3. Is the video already obsolete? I know you had a lot of updates after you made that video. Or I need to use Card Style?

Thank you.

11. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, this part is already obsolete sorry. I will make a new video in the near feature. You will have to change the images in the CardStyles, then it will be automatcially applied to all cards which have this cardstyle selected.

You could also remove the linked in images of the cardstyle script from the cards and then it will work like in the old version.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    digifilm likes this.
  12. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Currently not, i will have a look at this to see how much work it would by to modify it.

CCM likes this.
  13. digifilm

digifilm

You may want to record the video at a lower screen resolution. Recordings at 4k are difficult follow on lower resolution monitors. Thx

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  14. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

One thing i totally forget to mention is the new "Idle Swipe" function in "Swipe" script in Update 1.42. :rolleyes:
    It swipes the first card left/right until a user interaction is happening. It can be setup to always idle swipe the first card by checking the "Start Idle" box or triggered manually by calling the event "Swipe.SetIdleSwipeActive".

idleswipe.png

hippobob, jamopolis and digifilm like this.
  15. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We are currently working on finalizing Update 1.43 which will include the following features:

- Admob support
    - Unity IAP support
    - Unity Videoplayer support
    - updated old widescreen demo scene
    - splitted Gamelogger

It should be ready in the next few days! ;)

16. Lady_Lai

Lady_Lai

Hi! When I quit a game and then enter it again, it keeps last opened card and remembers all values, but doesn’t save value dependent music and background, instead plays and shows the first ones from the list. Do I miss something out or is it a bug? At the same time Value Dependent Texts and Images scripts work properly.

17. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I believe this is an issue with one of the older versions of Kings, in the current version it works fine. For background / images use the "Persistent Images" script. The selected track is currently not stored, but for the "War" example, i simply use the "ValueDependent Event" script which plays automatically the War Music when war is active, i think this should be suitable for most cases, if this does not work for you please let me know.

Hope this helps! If anyhting is unclear, just let me know!

valuedependentEvent.png

18. Lady_Lai

Lady_Lai

Maulwurfmann, thanks for your answer! I use a new version and Value Dependent Event script for music and background as shown above. I have a Location value, currently with a range from 0 to 2. So when location 1 is active it doesn't save music and background when I quit the game (when I return music from location 0 is playing). But if I leave the game when location 2 is active it saves its back and music... So I still can't figure out where's the problem. :) 2) And one more question. Can I delete On Conditions False section in this script, if I set up On Conditions True for all values: for 0, 1 and 2 in my case?

19. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Please send me a screenshot of your Value Dependent Event script, this will help me find the problem. If i would have to guess i would say you have condition for this set to 2-2 instead of 1-2?
    2) Yes, of course, but for the war example this would mean it does not switch back to normal music / background image when war is ended, this would mean you would have to trigger it manually e.g. with WarLose or WarVictory card etc.

20. Lady_Lai

Lady_Lai

Yes. :) upload_2019-2-24_22-24-21.png

21. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I just tried it and it works for me... do you maybe have in the second "Value Dependent Event" script something entered in condition false? e.g. setsong0, or do you have another "Value Dependent Event" script somewhere else which does also set the background and music and cause a confict with each other?

22. hippobob

hippobob

Hello, I hope this template can add the following functions:
    1 Have a similar item bar or status bar function. Include a continuous gain or loss.
    2 Has a visual effect similar to a chronicle. Take this picture for example. timg2.jpg images.png

Attached Files:

23. hippobob

hippobob

like this

Attached Files:

24. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Please find attache updated MusicPlayer script, which saves automatically current selected track. Also please note, the current War Example has in condition false to setTrack always to 0, you should remove the "On Conditions False" events from it, since this will cause issues if you use multiple tracks/value dependent events.

Attached Files:

25. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We'll check it and see what we can do. ;)

hippobob likes this.
  26. hippobob

hippobob

Thank you very much for your reply! I found a better schematic image of the calendar display.

Attached Files:

27. hippobob

hippobob

I'm sorry, but I'm Chinese. This is the first description of the Google translation.

Each game can be thought of as a standalone game, but previous games will also have an impact on subsequent games. The resident effect, shown here, will have a huge impact on the new game. Jihad, at the beginning of the game to allow the player to make a decision, whether to continue the jihad effect. Both walls and vision work quite well. The former can be stopped in the event of a foreign invasion, and the latter can be effective in times of famine and civil strife.

28. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Persistent values are already included, you just have to check "Keep Value" on the specific value and it remembers it for the next game.

29. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update 1.43 is now available in the Asset Store, if you should have any issues, or notice any bugs, please let me know!

CCM likes this.
  30. hippobob

hippobob

Sorry, the above is the translation of Chinese guide I found on the Internet.
    I mean it's more accurate to say:
    There is an inventory system. There are buttons on the interface to open the inventory page. Pictures of inventory items can be seen.

Inventory items are a persistent factor that affects the course of the game. For example,
    A tall tower
    I got the tower. Over the next few turns, reduces the chance of enemy invasion cards and reduces the cost of force.
    A holy war
    If I wage a holy war, the cards that increase the population or the events that increase the population in the cards will not work, or even the population will plummet.
    Dice Filled with Lead
    For the next few rounds (or even forever), my gambling CARDS slide left or right. I always win money.
    Opening up new shipping routes (silk road)
    My money keeps growing.
    And so on. These inventory items can be described as events. They can affect the game for a period of time or even permanently.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  31. hippobob

hippobob

In addition, after adding the function of inventory items. In the card selection result, add the result affected by the corresponding inventory item event.
    For example, after an inventory event, my card results changed. Of course, this can be done through existing rules. However, I still wish I could edit the results better.

32. hippobob

hippobob

Also, the way to get these inventory items is through the results of card selection.
    For example, in choosing to build a tower, choose to build. Then I will get the tower. If, on opening a new trade card, I choose yes, then I will get the silk road, etc.

33. hippobob

hippobob

I'm sorry for reigns, but have you actually played with reigns?
    One of the core aspects of this game is the above inventory events. This is critical, otherwise you'll get tired of it after multiple rounds.
    If you need, let me see if there is a Steam Key for the game on taobao; I will give you a reigns for you to reigns for. Seriously, there are some areas where you are a little bit behind.
    I'm sorry, I'm getting serious. However, I really want this game to be a reigns template. Because I really need this. Really!!!!!

34. hippobob

hippobob

That's not all. If you have these inventory items before the event ends, the game is over. In the new round, the existing events are still inherited.
    Jihad, for example, is 10 years old. The game ends in the fifth year of jihad. Then the new game, jihad, will start in the sixth year and end in the tenth.

35. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, i have played Reigns ;)
    I believe this template includes all mayor functions you need to make a game like Reigns. It can be a bit overhelming at the beginning andnot every feature may be directly visible, because we have tried to make it as versatile as possible to allow usage for a wide range for games, i would suggest to take a look in the documention and play around a bit with the asset, look at how the demo scene is done, this helps also a lot.

It's possible to use Inventory items:
    - create a new value, e.g. Bank, limit 0-10 and create a icon for it, you can also make it a button to open a sub menu
    - use the value dependent enable script to display the icon when bank value is above 0
    - create a card: do you want to build a bank? yes answer = add value bank +1 --> bank icon will appear
    - use the value dependent event to trigger when bank is build, e. g money +1 every round
    - is you check "Kepp Value" on bank value it will remember that you build a bank and you will get money +1 every round also on a new game
    - you can further increase bank value to increase monthly money payment

The same goes for the year system:
    - create a new value: e.g. year_total, range e.g. year 1000-3000
    - make it persistent by checking "Keep Value"
    - create a additional game over card, or extend e.g. the gameover score card by adding a display for the year total value and a slider
    - use the AddValuetoValue script to add the years played in the round, to the year_total value when this gameover card is spawned,
    - this way you have to years value, one for each round, and one total year value which is increased from round to round

I hope this helps you a bit, it is not everything explained 100% in every detail, you to show you how it done and that it is possible to do with this asset.

I will also add an example for these two features in the next update.

hippobob likes this.
  36. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, this is also no problem, just use a persistens Value, you can increase it manually or on every card swipe.

hippobob likes this.
  37. hippobob

hippobob

Thank you for your reply. It's midnight. I'm going to rest now. I'll take a good look at it tomorrow! However, I am not a smart person, I prefer to use simple functions rather than complex programming.

38. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Don't worry, you don't have to use programming for this! ;) Once you understand how the value system works, it's pretty easy... just let me know when everything is unclear. Good night. ;)

hippobob likes this.
  39. drahen

drahen

Hey @Maulwurfmann, thanks for the 1.4.3 update. I was wondering if you have time, could you please create a quick guide on how to set up everything so I can start doing on the game content. No need a video guide, I was thinking maybe just a simple step-by-step in a text, for example:
    1. Create a new folder in Assets
    2. Copy the Game scene from Kings asset to your folder
    3. Copy your graphics assets
    4. Choose a template by copying from _template to this
    5. ...
    6. Clean card stacks
    7. Clean value definitions
    8. Create a base prefab card
    9. ...etc.
    Thank you.

hippobob likes this.
  40. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Note regarding Update 1.43:
    If you receive the following error:
    Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/IAPButton.cs(70,22): error CS0103: The name `CodelessIAPStoreListener' does not exist in the current context

You will have to delete the folder: Plugins\UnityPurchasing.

I will deploy a fix for this soon.

41. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

You can follow the Getting Started Video:

Only the part with Card design editing is obsolete, since it is now done with Card Styles + new prefab system.

edit: The guide for the new card style editing will be delayed until next week, due to work on current update.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    hippobob likes this.
  42. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Quick update: Early next week we will release KIngs Update 1.44 which fixes issues regarding the Unity IAP and also adds some improvements to the EventScripts / Values:

You have now the options to add random values and also directly set values within the event script on left/right swipe function.

eventscript.png

Also the SetValue + AddValue script will be replaced by the Change Value script, which does now do the work of both, but for compatiblity reasons, the old scripts are currently still included, but may be removed in future updates.
    changevalue.png

Also i would like to mention that the price of this asset will be increased from $35 to $50 with the next update, i believe this is still a very fair price considered for what you get, especially since it's the first price increase since release from over 1 year ago and a LOT of content, new features have been added since then. Of course if you are an existing user, nothing changes for you, all updates will always be free!

gabor17, hippobob, CCM and 3 others like this.
  43. CCM

CCM

Hi Maulwurfmann,
    Thanks a lot for implementing the possibility to split the Game Logger with the Sub Logs in V1.43. I think this feature is very helpful.
    You really provide outstanding support! Thanks so much!

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  44. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update 1.44 is now submitted to the Asset Store and should be available soon! ;)

jamopolis and hippobob like this.
  45. Unitiona

Unitiona

@Maulwurfmann, Eagerly awaiting guidance on how to update cards with the new templates etc.
    I'm trying to create a version of this Kings game ready for a science festival in just over a month, and I've followed the video fine, but I am now a bit stuck without some guidance on the new templates etc.
    I'm also not managing to get anything to happen with the import/export to excel option, but that may well just be me getting lost and confused.

This is my first time using Unity, so its all a bit new and confusing, but I'm excited too.

46. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I will release tomorrow a tutorial for this. ;)

drahen likes this.
  47. drahen

drahen

Thank you for your support @Maulwurfmann, I am the same with @Unitiona, eagerly waiting and first time using Unity. While waiting I am following Unity tutorial, so I should be able to know how to get around Unity UI and its function.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  48. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Please find below tutorial for Kings to get started:
    Kings Tutorial

Unfortunately it's not quite finsiehd yet, since i experienced a strange bug with the Kings ImEx script, which wouldn't allow me to import cards, and i couldn't figure out the issue yet. But i didn't wanted to delay it again, so i released it anyway, the part for the Kings ImEx will be added as soon as i got it to work again...

But the important stuff to get started is explained, like card creation with prefab variants and card styles.

I will extend this tutorial and improve it further in the future, also depending on your feedback. If anything is unclear, just let me know! Thanks!

Also Update 1.44 is now available in the Asset Store.

hippobob, kasijo, jamopolis and 2 others like this.
  49. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I have updated the Kings Tutorial. It contains now everything important what you need to know to get started.

But i will expand this from time to time to not only show the basics, but also the more advanced features.
    So please let me know what you would like / needs to be explained or where is something still unclear / not detailed enough explainend.

The problem with the Kings ImEx has been identified (some special characters in text that Unity doesn't like :/). A fix for this will be available next week.

hippobob, CCM, gabor17 and 2 others like this.
  50. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update 1.45 is now submitted to the Asset Store and should be available very soon! ;)

Update Notes:
    - improved warnings when importing illegal characters with Kings ImEx
    - updated Unity Project to 2018.3.7
    - new functions in ValueMath script
    - Bugfixes

Upgrade to Unity 2018.3.7 was because of critical security patch in Unity Editor, just in case you missed it: https://unity3d.com/security#CVE-2019-9197

hippobob, jamopolis and drahen like this.