Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

KINGS - Card Swiping Decision Game Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maulwurfmann, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Duxx

Duxx

I have a little problem adding a background to the game and a particle system.

When I add the background, the particle system is underneath and you don't see it. I tried to include the particle system directly in the main chamber, but it still doesn't appear in the background.

Any idea how to add a background without covering everything else?

2. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

EDIT: please see here https://forum.unity.com/threads/50-...ecision-game-asset.506235/page-5#post-4030861

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  3. Duxx

Duxx

Thx! its perfect.

4. Duxx

Duxx

KINGS is still compatible with Hyper Card?

5. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I just tested it with HyperCard V2 and it works fine, altough you need to modify the camera/animation slightly. The next update (in January) will include a separate demo scene for this, that will work without any modifcations. If you should have trouble setting up the scene, just let me know!

6. Duxx

Duxx

Thank you. I will try the v1.5 that I have.

A suggestion to incorporate and add more dynamism and social proof would be to integrate Facebook and that the leadboard shows the name of your friends with their score and / or the years it has lasted.

7. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

It will be the same for 1.5, you will also have to adjust the camera, so i suggest you go with the actual version. If you have trouble with this, just let me know.

Regarding Facebook, i will have a look at it, but please don't excpect anything soon regarding this. Also please note Google and iOS Leaderboards are also supported.

8. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Hello !

I finished the construction of my game at the end. I'm thinking of publishing it on Google Play in 1-2 weeks. Thank you for that. I realized my dream game project.

I have questions to ask.

I've changed almost everything in the sample project. Pictures, music, icons, colors. What I didn't change is the small details like the movement of the pictures on the cards. and I haven't changed the font.

Is there any measure I should take to avoid any copyright, similarity problems? I wonder about that. I don't want to meet any problems when I publish the game. I would be glad if you can help me a lot in this regard.

9. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

That's no problem! You can use everything from this asset in your final game!

furkan1aktas likes this.
  10. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

There is such a problem. Although they have translations in both languages, sometimes they show half of them in Turkish and half in English. How do I fix this?

problem2.png problem.jpg

11. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Are they always the same texts that are not translated?
    What is your "base" language for the translation terms?

12. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

I translated them all to English. The main language is Turkish.

13. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I am pretty sure this is an issue with I2 Localization, i would suggest take one card that you know which does not work and change the terms to english, because i see you have many special characters, this could cause the problem.

And a quick sidenote, its 30% and not %30 ;)

14. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

So how do I fix this problem? I don `t get it. :(

15. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Change the text in the event script from turkish to english for one card that is not working correctly, e.g. the one in the above screenshot "Bill Daniels" and add this text also as terms in I2, if this then works, then it is probably because auf the special characters in your "terms" that are causing the problems and you will have to contact the developer of I2 to see if there is a solution for this...

16. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

I could not. I did not get it. Sorry. :(

17. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I have sent you a pm.

18. Pixelnovo

Pixelnovo

Hello, is there any aprox time for the next update? thanks

19. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Hi, the next update will be available in January.

gabor17 likes this.
  20. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Hi there! Can you help me with the tranlation plugin? I dunno what to put in the Language Source field.
    upload_2018-12-20_11-8-8.png

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  21. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

You don't have to put anything there. I am not sure for what this is, but it works without it.

22. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Ok!! thanks

23. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

I have another problem now. I put the 2 language buttons in my game but the current card doesn't change, the following card is correctly setted in correct language but the current one needs to be reloaded? Any clue on how to achieve this?

I don't have a panel for languages, just 2 buttons at the bottom.

24. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

You are correct, i will have a look and check if there is a way to also translate the spawned card. As a quick fix you can simply reload the scene when the language is changed, this way it will spawn the new card again and it will be correctly translated.

25. Duxx

Duxx

KINGS is compatible with Unity 2018.3 ?

26. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Just tested, works fine! ;)

27. ocimpean

ocimpean

Looks very interesting. How is this done? Do the backgrounds change like navigating between multiple scenes loaded with specific 3d assets, or activating different canvases with background pictures attached at a certain point in the story/chapter? Can you have animated backgrounds? Is the option integrated into the asset or needs to be called by custom code?

28. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Hi, for this example i simply used the art as a background image of the card.

Here is a short preview:

(synty art as placeholder)

But of course you could also use a 3d world, and navigate the camera to different placed depending on which card is drawn. This could be done with the included OnCard Spawn event and the GlobalMessage system.

ocimpean and Hitch42 like this.
  29. Hitch42

Hitch42

Very interesting. I was a bit iffy on buying this, but this newer style convinced me to purchase it. Keep up the great work.

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  30. ocimpean

ocimpean

This is a really nice example, I am getting very interested. :) Can you have multiple rendered backgrounds(pictures) in the same game for different cards?

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  31. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I am not 100% sure what you mean with multiple rendered backgrounds?
    You can have different background images and switch between them (e.g when a specific card is drawn), is it this what you meant?

32. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Just a quick update since i wanted to implement this in the next update. Unfortunately, it does not work really well... (when deploying a build). But i found a solution which works totally fine with the default Particle System and without the need of an addition script/shader. This will be included in the next update but if someone wants to set it up right now, here is what you have to do:

Change the UI canvas to World Space and created a "Foreground" Sorting Layer for the Particle effects, see below screenshots for UI/Camera Settings. If anything is unclear just let me know!

particleeffects.png
    particleeffects2.png
    particleeffects3.png

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  33. ocimpean

ocimpean

Exactly what I wanted to ask. When a card is drawn, can it have a different background?

34. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes ;)

35. ocimpean

ocimpean

Great!
    Now where is that wallet...?
    ;)

36. Hitch42

Hitch42

I see that there is an animation tool included, but can Kings also import animations created in other assets, like AnyPortrait or Puppet2D?

37. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

What animation tool do you mean? We only use the default Unity Animations and Animator.

Of course you can import other animatons, but please note animations are created for a specifc gameobject, so you need to make sure that the required components are imported into Kings before you import the animation. 1. Import the (AnyPortrait/Puppet2D) asset into the Kings Project, 2. Import the Images of the animation into the Kings Project 3. Import the Animation and the Animator Controller into the Kings Project.

Hitch42 likes this.
  38. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  39. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

40. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Thank you !

41. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Just a very small problem. The main language of the game is English. Turkish translation added. When the game is downloaded from the Turkey game does not show the localization of the Turkish language. How do I fix this?

42. Advis91

Advis91

The asset is used as a low priced game in Steam and I assume it wasn't you:
    - "Kings" by RewindApp with different video in https://store.steampowered.com/app/903740/Kings/
    - "Be the King" by Gamudo Games with exact same video in https://store.steampowered.com/app/930420/Be_the_King/

I'm impressed how entertaining the game as default assets already! Please, if you have improved one, upload it to steam later. I Don't own the asset but the card setup is kinda same in Brackeys video about scriptable objects in

If there's some possible improvements gained for the asset package, go for it.

ocimpean likes this.
  43. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Normally it should detect the language of the device, this is from I2 manual:
    By default, when running the game for the first time, the I2 Localization plugin will try enabling the device language as reported by the unity (Application.systemLanguage). If that language is not included in the Language Source then the first language in the source is used instead.

You could try to contact the creator of I2 to find the problem.

But you could also use the attached script as a "simple" solution for this problem. With this you can display a canvas on the first time the app is started which shows a "select language" panel, where the user can choose the language. firststartcanvas.png

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

44. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Glad you like it!
    Yes, i saw these two games too, with the purchase of this asset you have the right to make any game you want, this also means of course that you can publish it as it is, if this makes a lot of sense is another question. :rolleyes:

Advis91 likes this.
  45. digifilm

digifilm

Happy New Year. If you have the scene ready then please feel free to send it my way. Cheers

46. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Wish you all a Happy New Year too!

Please be patient a little bit longer, i will release the update as soon as it is ready, but there is still quite a bit work to do, since i am going to add a bit more stuff and want to make sure everythink works fine! ;)

digifilm likes this.
  47. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

With the next update the standard game scene will also be reworked, it will come with a cleaner, more modern design and some new additions, here is a quick preview:

screen1.png screen2.png screen3.png

The old scene will still be included just in case someone prefers the old design.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    digifilm and gabor17 like this.
  48. Duxx

Duxx

Cool redesign. I'm looking forward to the new update.

Would it be possible for you to introduce dynamic backgrounds according to the type of letter?

digifilm likes this.
  49. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Thanks!

Do you mean that the background changes depending on which card is drawn?
    Yes, this will work, it currently works too, but with the update it will be much more convenient to do and i will also include examples for this!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    digifilm likes this.
  50. faqqqa

faqqqa

Really cool. Looking forward to see what comes up next. Keep up the good work!

Maulwurfmann likes this.