Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

KINGS - Card Swiping Decision Game Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maulwurfmann, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Card propabilty = the higher the value the higher is the chance that this card will be drawn
    Max Draws = the number how often a card can be drawn per game

These two values are independ from each other. Hope this helps!

2. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Mmmm it's not what I'm looking form I think I would modify the pick card script in order to not repeat a card in less than a 5 or 6 picks.

I mean if card X has appeared in first place until the 7th card it can't apear again.

Just to avoid repeated cards. Do you think it's possible?

3. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I will have a look at it ;)

4. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Hello again.

I bought I2 Localization for translation. but I didn't understand exactly how to use it. Can you help ?

5. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Of course. Where exactly are you stuck?

Did you enable the first line of the TranslationManager script?

Attached Files:

6. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Firstly, thank you.

I have imported the localization to the project. I enabled the first line of Translation Manager script. What do I do now?

7. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

1. Go to Resources/i2Languages.prefab
    -> Spreadsheets Tab -> Google -> Install -> then follow instructions to setup
    i2-1.png

2. Enter "Playmode" in Unity, go to Scripts -> TranslationManager -> click on "Generate Translation List"
    -> a textfile is created in your Unity Project folder: /Kings/TermList.txt, go to Windows Explorer and open the file
    i2-2.png

3. Paste the content into the Google Spreadsheet, then go to Unity, i2Languages.prefab, -> Spreadsheets Tab, Import, Replace
    i2-3.png

4. Go to the Languages Tab and add the Languages you wish to support
    i2-4.png

5. Go to the Terms Tab, now you should see all the text terms you have entered, click on one and add the translation, you can use auto translation if you press on the "Translate All" Button
    i2_5.png

6. Now you only have to create a button for each language and add the "Set Language" script to it, from the Button call the function: "ApplyLanuage"

That is all, i hope i could help!

8. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Ok that's the last think i'm gonna to develop so if you come with a solution before will be very wellcomed.

9. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I am currently busy with some other things, but will try to get it done on the weekend.

10. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I have created a Tutorial video for Kings:

This should help to get started with our asset.
    What do you think about it? Is it helpful?

jjdomain and gabor17 like this.
  11. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Well the asset it's self-explanatory, without video we have developed a great game with your engine.

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  12. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Thank you :) you are very helpful.

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  13. jjdomain

jjdomain

Thanks Maulwurfmann,

How to integrate a minigame on top of a 'minigame' card prefab, if the minigame is a complete project? I can import the minigame project into KINGS project without importing the project settings....but

1. How do I check and resolve any conflicts with tags and other metadata between kings and minigame project?
    2. How do I integrate the minigame on top of a card prefab? Since minigame is a complete project with scenes,prefabs, etc., I cannot just drag a single minigame prefab on top of a Kings card prefab?

By the way, I like the video tutorial. It is very helpful.

14. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

1. Tags should be no problem, since we dont use them for Kings.
    2. Normally you should drag the whole minigame on the prefab card. But this is something i can not really help you with since every game/asset is different and this is something you have to find out for yourself. That why i recommend you to try it with some free assets first to see how/if it works.

15. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I have now submitted update 1.31 to the Asset Store, it should be available in a few days.

New features:
    - option to block card for x draws after it has been drawn
    - improved high score script to display multiple entries

If you update from a previous version and want to import these version in your old project, you may have to readjust the high score script. And the key of the scorecounter needs to be changed to: "highScore".

If you have any questions, just let me know! ;)

Attached Files:

gabor17 likes this.
  16. jjdomain

jjdomain

I've done digging and talked with a seller in the asset store regarding integrating complete games as minigames into KINGS. It seems that most games cannot be simply dragged and dropped onto the CARD prefab due to game elements being displayed via the camera and cannot be displayed as part of the CARD UI. So the workaround we came up is to load the minigame scene when swipe left/right. When done with minigame, click on a button to load KING scene back.
    We tried this and it appears to work...but when loading the KING scene back, it did not draw the next card but instead stayed on the same card...I included a screenshot to illustrate:

1. In _StartCard prefab, add custom script function to load minigame when swiping left.
    2. This is the custom script to load the minigame scene.
    3. Upon completion of minigame, click 'button' to load KING scene back...

When KING scene is loaded back, it is displaying the _StartCard instead of drawing the next card.
    How can I make it draw the next card?
    Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

17. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

The problem is you load the level directly on swipe, that means the "-StardCard" is still the drawn card which means it will be drawn again after the game scene is loaded. One way you could solve this is:
    Instead of loading the game scene with "On Swipe Left" event, you send a global message, e.g. "loadgame1", and create a new entry in the "GlobalMessages" for this, this event will load the game scene with a small delay (0.5 sec) to allow the next card to be drawn.

swipeleft.png

loadscene.png

Hope this helps!

18. jjdomain

jjdomain

Thanks for the workaround!

To clarify, "create a new entry in GlobalMessages" you mean:
    1. create entry under 'Global Message Event Receiver (Script)'?
    2. add 'Load Scene (script)' component
    3. how to set runtime event for the trigger? Do I choose GlobalMessageEventManager, GlobalMessageEventSender, or GlobalMessageEventReceiver? Anyone I choose I don't see the LoadScene function available...please see screenshot...

Attached Files:

19. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Please see my attached screenshots in the above post.
    The first one shows the card which sends the global message. you need to attach the "global message event sender" script to the card, then from the "on swipe left" event, call the function of the "global message event sender" script: "GlobalMessage" and enter "loadgame1".

Second Screenshot:
    In the "GlobalMessageReceiver" script you need link the event of "loadgame1" to the "Load Scene" script, and then call the function "level load".

In your screenshot you made the error to link the global message receiver to itself, this does not work.

I hope this helps, if it is still unclear, just let me know.

20. jjdomain

jjdomain

I guess I'm confused about your 2nd screenshot.
    In the 2nd screenshot under the 'loadgame1' trigger, under 'Runtime Only' you selected "GlobalMessages..." What is the exact object to select here? Do you mean to select the "LoadScene" script here?

21. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, exactly.

22. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We have now submitted Update 1.32 to the Asset Store, which should be soon available.

Features:
    - new feature: experience system
    - advanced value calculations

screen9.png

23. jjdomain

jjdomain

To make sure i'm getting right...thx for your patience...
    Under the runtime selection, it's expecting an object, so I assume to put the card that minigame will launch from? but I don't see the loadscene function (I added the loadscene script)...please see screenshot...

Attached Files:

24. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

You dont link in the card, you have to link in the Load Level script, which is on your screenshot directly below the Global Message Receiver, so simply drag the Load Level script into this field (where you have currently put the _StartCard) and call then the function load scene.

25. jjdomain

jjdomain

Ok i finally got it to workd..thx!
    But now i'm seeing another issue. When i run it, after playing the minigame, it still jumps back to the same StartCard. If I played minigame a 2nd time then go back to the KING scene, then it moves onto the next card. How do i fix this?

26. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Try to increase the load delay time of the level load script from 0.5 to 1 and check if it works then.

27. jjdomain

jjdomain

I increased the delay to .7 and upwards and it works fine. But now after swiping left it'll show the next card animation (sliding up) and the abruptly jumps to the minigame so it doesn't look smooth. Is there a way to hide the next card animation JUST for the STARTCARD(or whatever card i choose)?

28. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

You could use a special follow up card that has a delayed spawn animation after the STARTCARD, so it will not spawn before the game has started.

animation.png

29. jjdomain

jjdomain

I added delay to a followup card. When I run it, it does delay animation and minigame loads before the spawn animation. However, when finished minigame and loading the KING scene back, it now always goes back to the STARTCARD...so now it goes in a loop and never get out to the followup card...

30. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Strange that some small things can make sometimes so much trouble ;)
    I suggest you revert the animation that it is cut-off but working, while i think about a good solution for this.

31. jjdomain

jjdomain

ok thank you!

32. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I just noticed a bug in the card stack script, that gives you an error message when adding a new card.
    I have fixed it and submitted it to the asset store, it should be available soon.

If anyone should need it right now just send me a message. Sorry for the inconvience!

33. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I sent you a message with a modified project for your issue.

34. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Kings is currently 30% off at the Unity Cyber Week Mega Sale! ;)
    http://u3d.as/11kM

35. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I am currently working on an update, it will be a bit bigger this time, so it may take some time until it's ready.
    One of the features will be an improved multichoice cards. I am also planning on adding a new demo scene, to better show off some features of this asset and that it is not only limited to cards.

Here is a quick mockup i have been done with the awesome art from Synty Studios:
    mockup.png
    (the Synty assets will of course not be included in the final demo)
    Do you like this idea? Or do you have other suggestions for new features?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    ocimpean, Proksenos and gabor17 like this.
  36. FS_Artsy

FS_Artsy

Hey there,
    Im the one who asked for a discount. Finally got around and acquired my copy.

Very very good work, lots of features and options, very good documentation and lots of possibilities right out of the box. You get a 5 star rating soon.

Actually, there is not much left to be desired, but i have 2 recommendations:

1. Did not find any way to change the game over condition without messing with the code. This could easily be added to the Value Script I guess (bool - trigger game over when reaches 0).

2. (This one is rather specific, see it as inspiration, nothing else): What I would like to do is to save certain stats online without any of the official services from google or apple. There are assets for doing this (like Combu - the one im using). Would be great to have a simple JSON import/export function for each of he important parts (like achievements, highscores etc.) to make the integration process easier. Im checking the code right now, isolating all the required parts, trying to import/export them individually via custom script. But again, thats a very specific request i guess!

Good stuff, keep it up folks!

37. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Thanks! Glad you like it! ;)

1. There is no need for any coding to change the game over condition. This has been kept pretty simple: game over is simply triggered by a "game over card" when the specific condition is met. E.g. have a look at the GameOver_Money card, it has the Condition Money: 0-0, this means, when Money reaches 0 it will trigger game over. You can change this to any value you like, e.g. game over when value reaches 100.

2. I will have a look at it, but it could take a bit, since i don't have much expierence with json export. But if you have done this before, it should be not big problem for you, since all data is stored in player prefs, it is encrypted by default, but you can disable it if you go to the script: "SecurePlayerPrefs" and disable the 2. line, that it looks like this:
    //#define SECURED

Hope this helps, if anything is unclear just let me know!

FS_Artsy likes this.
  38. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

LOL! I'm using synty studios assets too with your template xDDDDD
    It's in alpha phase but only in spanish will let you know when it's in English ;)

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  39. Proksenos

Proksenos

Can't wait for the update, seems like an excellent idea!

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  40. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

41. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Hello again !

I have a new question. :) I added 2 different languages for my game. Their translation is complete and added to the game. How do I define this when I upload it to Google Play?

I don't want to add a language tab into the game. The game "Lapse: a Forgotten Future" has been translated into many different languages, but there is no language tab in the game. I want this to happen. How can I do that ? Can I install English and Turkish APKs separately when uploading my game to Google Play?

I really have very little information. Maybe my questions are absurd. If so, I apologize. :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  42. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

There should be no neeed to do anything, I2 Localization should normally try to automatically select the language when available: http://inter-illusion.com/assets/I2LocalizationManual/ChangingthegameLanguage.html
    If this should not work for you just let me know.
    But i would also keep a "select language" panel in the game, you can put it somewhere in the options menu.

Regarding Google Play you only have to add translations for the Store Description with "Manage Languages".

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  43. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

That's what I was wondering. How to add "Manage Languages". Do I choose Apk? How do I define a translation there?

44. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

The "Manage Languages" in the Google Play Store does only matter for the store description. You don't need to do anything with your apk.

45. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

How do I add the APK language? How do I define Turkish and English separately? I did not understand. :(

46. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Does I2 Localization change this to itself on Google Play? When downloading an American game in English, will a Turkish download Turkish?

47. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

It is the same apk, everyone will download the same file. I2 will simply switch between the 2 language depending on the users smartphone country/language setting. E.g. Your default language is English, every user will have English as language, but if a Turkish user downloads your game I2 will set the language to Turkish.

48. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Thanks ! You've been very helpful to me.

First of all thank you again for your patience. :)

I'm going to ask you one last thing. Do you show an example of the language buttons in the Settings section? I do not know how to do it. At least if you show with screenshots I would be very happy.

Hopefully I do not want something too much.

49. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I made a quick example, it is really easy to do. You only need to add a button with the script "Set Language" and call the function "Apply Language". See attached screenshot below:
    language.png

furkan1aktas likes this.
  50. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

I really thank you !