Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

KINGS - Card Swiping Decision Game Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maulwurfmann, Nov 26, 2017.

1. jjdomain

jjdomain

ok I see..i may be confused about how the script works...in my scenario, there is a "power" stat that changes value throughout the game depending user decisions..as the game maker I don't know what that value is at any given time...so I cannot put that value in the script?
    Let's say at runtime there is fight event where player attacks. In the result-conditional swipe, I want to put something like: check "power" stat (value defined from 1-10), then health will be: health-10(power)...can this be done?

2. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

yes, of course, and exactly how you wrote it: just juse this in the addvaluetovalue scritp: "health -10(power)"
    it will reduce the health by 10x the power value.

3. jjdomain

jjdomain

ok great! thx!!

4. Graham-B

Graham-B

Is it currently possible to trigger game over when a faction value reaches 100, rather than just when it reaches 0?

5. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, of course. Have a look at the gameover cards, eg, GameOver_Army, this card is drawn when the army value is reached 0 and then it triggers game over, simply change the condition to value 100 and you are done ;)

Graham-B likes this.
  6. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Hello ! First of all thanks for this package. That's what I'm looking for! That's what I wanted to ask. I want to create a story game with it. I wonder whether the previous important results were recorded when the game was finished.

7. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Yes, it is possible to save specific values from game to game. Just activate the option "Keep Value" in the value script (in Values).

8. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Thank you !

9. jjdomain

jjdomain

Hello, are we able to configure multiple followup cards per swipe? Let's say, on left swipe, if Luck is 0-50, goto followup_card1. If Luck is 51-100, goto followup_card2... This way I can create complex branching story and reuse one card instead of creating multiple cards for each situation.

10. jjdomain

jjdomain

Also is there a way to load the card configuration file (xml) via external backend server? That way we can update/add new cards via external backend without updating and resubmitting for appstore approval?

Devision4 likes this.
  11. jjdomain

jjdomain

Nevermind this question....i forgot this can be done with conditional evaluated T/F can have its own followup card...

12. Devision4

Devision4

are they any other games out yet using this framework? I really want to see what else is possible

13. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Sorry, this is (currently) not possible.

14. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

This is something i am honestly also very curious about! So if you have created or are currently creating a game with this asset, i would love to see it! :D

I will make the start:
    I planned to make a life sim, but eventually dropped the idea and made this asset instead ;)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Devision4 likes this.
  15. Devision4

Devision4

Poor Hans, got no Luck :D

16. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I just found this game on twitter, looks really cool! :D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Devision4 likes this.
  17. jjdomain

jjdomain

To clarify, what do you mean currently not possible...(1)conditional eval with True and False followup cards; or (2) external backend card cofig file...
    (1) is existing functionality?

18. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

This: (2) external backend card cofig file...
    As you wrote before, (1) is already implemented with the conditional restult type.

19. jjdomain

jjdomain

how do you specify answer texts for the 2 additional multiple choices? I see only "answer left" and "answer right", but no place to put the other two choices...

20. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

You are right, they are currently missing, because they only have been used for additional choice cards with buttons, so the answer texts weren`t needed. But we will add also the answer text for these two additional choices.

21. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

How do I fix these errors?

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      197.9 KB
      Views:
  22. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Regarding the privacy button, you need this unity asset:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/add-ons/services/unity-data-privacy-plug-in-118922
    (or simply remove the privacy button)

Regarding unity ads, it depends, if you want to use UnityAds, you have to enable it (Windows -> Services -> Ads, or Ctrl+0). If you don`t want to use it and this warning bothers you, you could simply delete the UnityAd gameobject.

But please note, these are only warnings and not errors, you can simply ignore them if you want to.

Attached Files:

23. Graham-B

Graham-B

Thanks, that's awesome! Your code seems really modular in design, I like that.

One more question: Can Multi-Choice cards be swiped Up Down Left and Right, rather than having four buttons on the card?

24. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

This is currently not possible, but we will add this feature with the next update.

Graham-B likes this.
  25. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Quick update: We have now integrated the 4 way swipe function. The EventScript now has a drop down where you can select between 2-way and 4-way and also has a checkbox for the additionalchoices button, so you have the option to hide them if you dont need it to keep it as clean and simple as possible.

We are currently doing some UI improvements and adding a few new samples cards to better show off some features and then release it next week to the asset store.

Graham-B likes this.
  26. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update is now submitted to the asset store and should be available soon. ;)

Update notes:
    - new feature: four direction swipe
    - new feature: value dependent events
    - new sample cards
    - minor fixes and improvements

edit: Update is now online! :D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Dispencer, gabor17 and Graham-B like this.
  27. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

do you have a list of that minor fixes and improvments done?

28. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

No, not really, but it was only some minor things like:
    - removed the unity ads warning when on pc platform
    - removed the warning regarding unity privacy plugin
    - some ui changes regarding the 4 direction swipe (menu now opens with button)
    - etc...

29. jjdomain

jjdomain

Can your template do something like this...implement different interactive elements in each card (animations, responsive to user gestures/games, etc.). If so can you provide some tips on how to do it?

30. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

This game was made with our template ;)

You simply need to disable the swipe function for the card (use the animator of the "MultichoiceCard") and then you can add a mini game to it or whatever you want and when you want to draw the next card send the global message "nextCard".

This way you can do whatever you want when a specific card is drawn.

31. Dispencer

Dispencer

Hi, I'm trying to use a particle system to a card, I have it placed on a higher z-index and higher order layer,
    My particle work fine on the other scene, but on this scene my particle always rendering behind the game object. Any solution?

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      71.4 KB
      Views:
  32. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Dispencer likes this.
  33. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

What is the screen sizes for Android build?

34. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Sorry, i don't understand this question. Do you mean the resolution?
    For the example scene the "base" resolution is 1080x1920, but it is setup that it scales up or down depending on the resolution of the device.

If this was not your question please let me know.

35. jjdomain

jjdomain

I just updated to the latest template version, but I cannot swipe up to display the menu? Also when you enable 4-way swipe how do u access game menu?

36. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Since the last version added 4-way swipe it is not possible to use the swipe up / down gestures for the menu, because they would interfere with each other. At the bottom of the screen is now a button which now opens/closes the game menu.

If you prefer to use the menu by swiping up / down and don`t need the 4-way swipe you can simply re-enable it by adding the following two entries to the swipe script. (see attached screenshot).

Attached Files:

37. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

With the next update it will be possible to compare values with each other, e.g. instead of using a condition with a fixed value like:
    gameover = when people value is 0
    you could do something like
    gameover = when people value is below army value

ok, maybe not the best example, but i hope you get what i mean ;)

Do you like this feature? Or is there a feature missing you would like to see? Let us know!

gabor17 likes this.
  38. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update 1.30 is now submitted to the Asset Store.

With the new compare values features, i have improved the "War" sample cards, they show now the strength of both armies, which will help to better understand if you win.

faqqqa and gabor17 like this.
  39. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Well I already have fixed this ones :)

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  40. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Hi there Maulwurfmann lets see if you can illuminate me. Which steps should I do to transform the high score to show the top 3 longest reigns instead of just the longest of all? Without google services cause i'm not usign them.

41. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

made a game using this template. With a completely different subject. More card colors. Other values. I want to sell it on Google Play. Can I do that? Am I completely free?
    Are there some conditions?

42. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

This is currently not possible, i will have a look at it tomorrow and see if i can do something about it ;)

43. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Of course you can, and there are no conditions ;)

44. furkan1aktas

furkan1aktas

Thank you !

45. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Simply replace the two attached scripts in your project, it should work then.
    If anything is unclear just let me know. ;)

edit: removed scripts since they are outdated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  46. jjdomain

jjdomain

How do I "add a mini game" to the Multiplechoice card? I outlined some steps below, can u take a look to see if I'm on the right path?

1. Duplicate 'Multiplechoice' card prefab. Rename to 'Minigame'.
    2. Purchase basketball minigame from asset store: (can only use 2d games?)
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/basketball-complete-game-template-68973

3. Import mini game asset into KINGS project.
    4. Drag 'Minigame' card prefab onto KINGS project scene to edit.
    5. Drag basketball prefabs under 'Minigame' ?? (then it automatically integrates?)
    6. How to affect stats based on minigame score? (If score>xx, then HEALTH +10)
    7. when done with game, add a button at gameover screen and link to onclick=> global message "nextcard"

Thanks!

47. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

This sounds fine, but it`s hard to say if another gameproject from the asset store will work, since most of these have their own project settings, or e.g. camera settings. Theoretically 3D should also be working, but you will have to manage the cameras, because it will require another one.

Before spending any money, i would try it with some free project, maybe this: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/80408 or https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/80330 and then you will see how it goes.

Regarding changing stats, you simply need to call a UnityEvent (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Events.UnityEvent.html) like the one when you press a button, when the game is won / lost, link it to a "addValue" script and then simply increase or decrease the value of the stat you want.

Hope this helps!

48. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Man you're awesome, many thanks!!!

Just another thing, in the latest updates are some changes in the randomness of the cards? I've almost 65 cards and it's usual to see the same card 2 times one after the other (and some times 3 in a row but the less).

49. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

No, there was no change, this was maybe just coincidence. But please note you can also adjust in the EventScript how often a card can be drawn and also the chance of being drawn.

50. elKarkayu

elKarkayu

Yep i've noticed it and all the "playable" cards have the same probability (set to 0.5)
    How often? I've seen the propability field (all cards have 0.5) and the max draws (apart of is drawable and is high priority). It's the how often calculated from propability and max draws?.