Search Unity

KINGS - Card Swiping Decision Game Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maulwurfmann, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Dispencer

Dispencer

OMG Thank you very much! This solve all my problem :D

Devon11 and Maulwurfmann like this.
  2. shubhank008

shubhank008

I think having some kind of social interactivity or multiplayer-type challenge will add way more player interest to this, to compete with each other. As otherwise, with time you might get bored (unless there can be a automatic/procedural way to generate the challenges/cards).

Maybe something like each user creating his own country and needs to survive it or so and try to compete with other players or attack their kingdom using your resources.
    I know this is a fairyly simple asset for the normal Yes/No decision game, but just saying can be extended to something more unique and valuable.

3. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

With the next update we will add Leaderboard support for Android and iOS.

Regarding Multiplayer we have unfortunately no plans for now, this would just be too much work to integrate and support.

But we are always open for new ideas, if you have any other feature requests just let us know! ;)
    Regarding procedural card generations do you have something in mind how this sould work?

4. shubhank008

shubhank008

Actually ditch that last thought, when I wrote that reply I had in mind a "endless" gameplay that would keep generating the cards/challenges by itself, but upon thinking it more, it would get repetitive and boring quite quick.
    Better keep the game finite with a story/theme :p

How much can this be customized ? I am quite interested to try my hands on it but create my own custom game based on a story/theme. Thinking to get the asset just for sake of saving a lot of time if I can use its existing gameplay system/features and just overlay my own story and customization on top of it (stats, cards, challenges, custom events/hooks, etc.)

5. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

It`s desigend to be as much universal as possible, you can easily modify/add/remove all stats, cards, events etc.
    If you plan an making a game like this, i highly recommend you to give this kit a try! It will save you a lot of work ;)

Here you can have look into the documention:
    https://www.km-games.com/Kings_Documentation.pdf

If you have questions just let me know!

6. FS_Artsy

FS_Artsy

Looks interesting!

Is there a sale planned sometime?

7. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Thanks! Currently there is only the general 20% sale from Unity for Plus/Pro Members. Otherwise we don`t have any plans for an sale. But if there should be a sale in the future, i will definetly post it here!

8. radagastmag

radagastmag

Good afternoon! Your advice with the hierarchy helped to solve the problem. I have one more question for you.
    I would like to add a particle to its card. But unfortunately, when I add a particle system to a map, it does not appear in the game ((

9. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  10. radagastmag

radagastmag

Good afternoon! I had a few questions. I will be glad if you help me to cope with them.
    1) Distribution of maps. How can I implement the scheme in the figure? There are cards 1-4 that follow one another. Cards 5-8 are randomly selected. One of them activates the stack of cards 9 -12. What can I do to make sure that the cards are randomly selected only from a certain group of cards?
    2) End of the game. As after the first end of the game, to make sure that not the first card appeared, but the other and the player did not have to start all over again?
    3) How can I implement the game menu? Where you can click on the Start button, author settings and logout. How can I exit the game?
    4) Can I create sound playback after the appearance of the card?

Attached Files:

• 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      28.1 KB
      Views:
  11. radagastmag

radagastmag

5) How to realize that those indicators that will change, be highlighted or stand out when the player rejects the card?

12. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

1) Distribution of maps. How can I implement the scheme in the figure? There are cards 1-4 that follow one another. Cards 5-8 are randomly selected. One of them activates the stack of cards 9 -12. What can I do to make sure that the cards are randomly selected only from a certain group of cards?
    In the CardStack(Scripts) you have the option to add as many "Substacks" as you want, so simply create a Substack for the cards 5-8 and give the Substack a condition which is suitable for your example, e.g. Year 6-10. The card itself need to be set to HighPriority, this makes sure the card is always drawn when the condition is met. For card 9 to be drawn afterwards, you have to make it HighPriority (and Draw Count 1) and give it a condition that makes sure it will be selected after the cards 5-8, if we go with the Year example it would be "Year = 11". Of course you can use any value for this.

2) End of the game. As after the first end of the game, to make sure that not the first card appeared, but the other and the player did not have to start all over again?
    If i understand you correct you want the player to show some cards only on their first play, there i would also just create a Substack with the condition "GamesPlayed = 0-0". This way these cards will only be enabled on the first play.

3) How can I implement the game menu? Where you can click on the Start button, author settings and logout. How can I exit the game?
    Currently the Game Menu opens when you swipe up. Of course you can it simply change to be opened by button press. Or if you a want a separate scene before the gamescene, simply create a new scene and load with the start button the game scene.

4) Can I create sound playback after the appearance of the card?
    Yes, of course. The Event Script on every card prefab, has an event for "On Card Spawn". Simply add the "GlobalMessageEventSender" script to the card and call the function "SendMessage", e.g. "playSoundX". . Add the sound you want to play in the Sound-Hierachy to the other sounds (or anywhere you like). Then go to "Global Messages" and add the entry "playSoundX", link it to your sound and call the function AudioSource.Play.
    Edit: This is of course only needed if you want for the cards to have different sounds, if you always want to have the same sound you can simply use the existing functions like spawnStart/spawnEnd (on the GlobalMessageEventReceiver).

5) How to realize that those indicators that will change, be highlighted or stand out when the player rejects the card?
    In Values there are all Values listed, in the ValueScript there are several Events, e.g. On Increase, On Decrease, On Max, On Min. This allows you to play animations / fx etc. when the value changed or reached it`s min/max value.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  13. radagastmag

radagastmag

Many thanks! You helped me a lot.
    Only, I'm afraid question 5 was misunderstood. I meant indicators over values when we tilt the card. I attach a picture.

Attached Files:

14. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Unfortunately, this is (currently) not possible. I will have a look at this and see what i can do ;)

15. radagastmag

radagastmag

I will be very grateful to you!)) This will really make the game better))

Devon11 likes this.
  16. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Just a quick update. We have now integrated this feature, it will be included in the next update ;)
    We have also improved this a bit, you have now also the option to show if the value goes up or down and also how much it changes. This could be used as a temporary buff, e.g as reward for watching ad or after making a few correct decisions...

17. radagastmag

radagastmag

Great news! When can I wait for the next update?))

18. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I try to get it finished by end of the week.

19. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update is as good as finished, if everything works out well i will submit it tomorrow to the asset store.

Here is a little preview:

radagastmag likes this.
  20. radagastmag

radagastmag

Excellent! It looks very cool! Are looking forward to!

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  21. radagastmag

radagastmag

Good afternoon! Do you think it is possible to make a change of language, right in the application? Is it easier to build builds in different languages?

22. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Regarding localization we have integrated support for the following asset: I2 Localization
    This is the most popular localization tool in the asset store and makes it really easy to localize your game.

And just a quick note regarding the update: We have submitted it last Wednesday for review, so it shouldn`t take much longer to be available in the asset store.

radagastmag likes this.
  23. radagastmag

radagastmag

Thanks for the quick response!
    I'm waiting for the update. I'm sure my game will be close to the release with these new solutions. The update does look really cool. I understand correctly that the documentation will also be updated?

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  24. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

radagastmag likes this.
  25. radagastmag

radagastmag

The update looks divine! I want to see him in the store!))))

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  26. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

The Update is now available.

27. Dezue

Dezue

Heyho @Maulwurfmann!

What a great asset!
    Is it possible (for a non-coder) to add new cards to the pool after getting a certain card or making a certain decision?
    For example, a card named "Build a stable" answered with "Yes" would add cards like "Horse", "Not enough hay" etc. and delete the "Build a stable" card.

Thanks and stay funky,
    Dez

28. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Glad you like it! :)
    Of course you can do this, i would recommend to do it like in the example for Marriage:
    - Create a value "Stable" (Min 0 /Max 1)
    - in the CardStack script add a new a sub stack for "Stable" with the condition Stable = 1
    - add all cards you want to be available when the stable is build to this stack
    - and then simply add +1 value to the stable when "build a stable" is answered with yes

I hope this helps. If anything is unclear just let me know!

Dezue likes this.
  29. Dezue

Dezue

Thank you! :)

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  30. Silvergabriel

Silvergabriel

Hello! Thanks for this great asset.

None of the FollowUpCards Marriage(#Divorce, #Renovate, #SummerCastle and #Spider) are working neither using the original sets, neither when I change the sets (like high priority etc...); I've tried it using the following versions:

Unity 2017.4.3.
    Unity 2018.1.0f1
    Unity 2018.1.5f1

Would you please advise,

Thanks,

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  31. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I checked this and you are correct, seems like i somehow made a mistake in the last update.
    To fix this you have to go to the Card Stack (in Scripts), Marriage and change the Value from the Sub Stack Condition from "Marriage" to "Married". Then it should work fine again.

cardstack.png

Sorry for the inconveniences! If there is anything else, just let me know!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Silvergabriel likes this.
  32. Silvergabriel

Silvergabriel

Yes, you're right. That was the "problem". FIXED!!! Thanks for your fast response. Much quicker than I've expected.

Best,

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  33. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

With the next update there will be value dependent faction icons, new sample cards and some ui improvements.

Is there anything else what you would like to see?

Silvergabriel likes this.
  34. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

The update is as good as finished and should be available very soon. I have also created a new trailer:

35. radagastmag

radagastmag

Good afternoon! The update looks very cool!
    I really miss the opportunity to exit the mobile version. Can I add an exit button to the mobile version, as it is implemented in the PC version?)

36. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Hi,
    for mobile it is setup that the exit panel opens when the back button is pressed.
    But you can simply add a button if you want and just activate the exit panel with it, then it is like in the pc version.

37. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We have now submitted a new update to the asset store, it should be available in the next few days:

It is now possible to change images (of the cards) depending on a value and also change it depending on the swiping direction, hope you like it!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  38. jjdomain

jjdomain

Great asset!
    I have a few questions. I'm a newbie with no unity coding experience. Can you explain how/if the following can be Implemented:
    1. Effects - example; Oracle (preview how much points will be increased/decrease based on decision); extra lives; increase points for certain stats, etc.
    2. IAP? User can remove ads or buy various effects. How to integrate with unity IAP services for ios/android?
    3. Characters - in game menu - list of characters images that are unlocked (as story progresses)
    4. Social - FB share story ends.

Thanks for you hard work.

39. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

1. I am not exactly sure what you mean, Oracle with decision preview is currently implemented, please check the following sample card: ShowResults_SampleCard.
    2. Regarding IAP, i recommend you to have a look in the documentation: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAP.html
    3. Regarding characters, i would follow the "Marriage" example, in this example, there has been created a value "married" when the value is above 0 the group "Marriage" in the CardStack script becomes active and enables the specific cards for this group.
    4. Regarding FB, you can download the sdk in the asset store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/facebook-sdk-for-unity-beta-10989

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  40. jjdomain

jjdomain

Thanks for your answers!

Regarding #1, By "effects" I mean special abilities. For example, decision preview with actual +/- points. Another one is extra lives (when u die, automatically revive and continue story); or increase stats by certain points. Can these abilities be implemented with current framework, to be obtained (a) based on certain decision; (b) as IAP items; (c) as rewarded video items?

Regarding #3, I mean displaying the possible "characters" available in a separate popup/screen, within game setting/menu. They are initially blank and reveled/unlocked as game progresses. I think this give an engaging element for the users. Please see attachment for example.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

41. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Sure, this is definitely possible. For previewing the actual value changes, you simply have to link in a text field in Value Change Text field of the specific value script, see screenshot. But i just noticed there is a bug in there which will always show the value, instead of only when preview is activated, we will deploy a fix for this soon.

Regarding extra lives etc, this can be done of course too, you could for example have a look at the GameOver_Money card, this card spawn when Money Value reaches 0, and will then trigger Gameover, instead of going game over you could now give the player a second change if he watches an ad, eg. he swipes left -> watches ad -> gaines money and can continue or he swipes right and goes game over. also look the the Ad_People cards, its pretty similar, if the people value is below 30 you can play an ad to increase it. for IAP it is the same, you simply need to change/add values (this can be done with the set/add values script)

What are these characters for? are these like achievement type characters or are these characters you can actually play with?

I have sent you a message with a sample project which should help you for this.

And is this a screenshot of your game? Looks really good! ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  42. jjdomain

jjdomain

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm glad "abilities" can be implemented out-of-the-box without addition coding. I will play with it.

The characters show up as cards to play with. It's nice to have them displayed in a separate screen user can see, and it can also serves as a kind of achievement for users who may want to complete the whole game and play/unlock everything..this give a visual of achievement/progress...
    No it's not my game :( took it from one of the decision games on the app store...where i saw all the extra features from...

I wil take a look at the sample projects you sent and see if I can make sense of them...thx!!!

43. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Quick update: There was an issue with the update, i had to resubmit it. I have now included the fix for the show value preview. Should be available very soon.

@jjdomain: This should be no problem to setup. If you have any issues, just let me know!

44. jjdomain

jjdomain

some quick questions:

1. can we check exact value of a stat (instead of a range) as result condition? For example, number of "items" can be used to determine how much to increase/decrease another stat...this can also be used in IAP...like buying 3 result previews, or 3 full lives, etc.
    2. can decisions be active/inactive based on some stats? For example, 4 multiple choices available, but only 3 active because "money" stat is low...

45. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

1. simply set the range of the condition to e.g. "3-3" ;)
    you can also set the value to an exact value with the "setvalue" script
    2. yes of course, in the example scene this is currently done with marriage, it appears only when married. if you want to do it for one of the 4 main stats, you also need to edit the gameover cards, e.g. "GameOver-Money" this card is spawned when Money value is 0 and then triggers gameover, you simply need to change the condition or remove the card.

46. jjdomain

jjdomain

Thx for the quick reply.
    1. I meant what if I don't know the value of a stat and need to get the exact value, and then use this value as condition...for example, if value is x, then decrease health by 2x...
    Also need to know exact value to implement Inapp purchase...buy 3 result previews or 3 full lives, etc.

2. Specifically, for multiple choice cards, if 4 choices are available and displayed, one or more may be grayed out(inactive) based on some stat value being too low....how can we implement this?

47. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

1. This can be done with the "AddValueToValue" script.

2. Look at the "ValueDependentEnable" script, this one enables/disables an gameobject depending on its value. If you can do a bit of coding you should be able to create a new script based on this for setting a button interactable. If not let me know and i will write it.

Attached Files:

48. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I have now created a new script, please find attached, this triggers a unity event when value is below or above a certain value. with this you can set the button interactable or not.

Attached Files:

49. jjdomain

jjdomain

That's awesome! I will play with it to see if I can make it work...

For #1, The addtovalue script can be used for IAP so that's great. But how to query the value of a "Value" to be used within a condition. For example, i have a fighting event, and i choose to attack the enemy. If my "power" is 2, then I can hit 2x the damage. So i would need to know the exact value of a stat to calculate damage dealt or received. Does that make sense?

50. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

The addvaluetovalue script know the value and multiplies it, e.g. if your power is 2 and want to hit with 2 dmg, then enter value 1, if you want to hit with double dmg enter 2, and if you want to hit with half damager enter 0.5. hope this makes it clear.