Search Unity

KINGS - Card Swiping Decision Game Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Maulwurfmann, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

These are on the card itself, they are added with the "On Card Despawn" event, see also screenshot in my above post: KINGS - Card Swiping Decision Game Asset

2. Toad

Toad

Hi, it looks like you've set the scripting runtime version of the project to .NET 3.5 Equivalent, which is deprecated. Was there a specific reason for this? (e.g. will there be any issues with using .NET 4.x Equivalent?)

3. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

No reason, this was the default choice when we started the project, and we just did not change it ;)
    You can simply switch to .NET4, it should run fine, but if you should still encounter any issues, just let us know!

4. Toad

Toad

Cool, thanks.

5. gavinbryce98

gavinbryce98

Why cant I edit the cards? it doesnt appear and it doesnt change

6. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

The sample cards are located in Kings -> cards -> General, to edit them you have to "open" them, either by double-clicking it, or by dragging it into the Hierarchy window (GameCanvas -> Cards).

This is due to the new 2018.3 nested prefabs system, but in the future it will be possible to edit them again without opening it, see here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/pre...ing-from-project-browser.640660/#post-4330762

Also have a look at the Getting Started Tutorial, this can be very helpful if you are new to Kings or Unity.

Hope this helps!

7. BBET

BBET

WOW, great !!! I am looking forward to this new feature!
    This is an excellent new possibility to remember former decisions and adapt the game according to those decisions. Thanks a lot for those huge extensions in the next update!

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  8. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

We have now added a new feature to the dictionary system: User Input
    This allows the user to input his own text in an dictionary entry, this could be user e.g. for setting a own name, or country name, child name etc.

dict3.png

Also i would like to show the Condition function of the Dictionary system a bit more in detail:
    You will be able to use this similar like the value system in the EventScript (and also with a separate script). Since this is stored as text, its not possible to use range conditions, e.g. value 4-50. In the below example the condition is warWon = 1, instead of 1 you could also simply use "win" or "yes" depending on how you want to set it up.

dict4.png

Also i would like to point out to the new "Extras" entry on the EvenScript. For convience we all put them in one place. From there you can access these new features directly from the EventScript.

We have also added the Gamelogger feature to it, this allows now adding a Gamelog without a separate script and the gamelogs are now also exported to the termlist for translation support with I2 localization. ;)

I will soon give a preview of the new Timeline feature and the last feature we add to this update will be a Quest system. We currently plan to release it in early May, but please note that this can take also a bit longer since this is a pretty big update with many new features and which can cause quite a few issues / bugs and we want to make sure everything works fine!

Overview of features for upcoming update:
    - Inventory
    - Dictionary
    - Quests
    - Timeline
    - Variables
    - and many minor improvements!

Lady_Lai, gabor17, hippobob and 4 others like this.
  9. aurefelin

aurefelin

Bonjour,
    Je voudrais savoir si vous avez une feuille de route pour les futurs mises à jour. Et c'est pour quand ses magnifiques annonces.
    Merci!

10. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Hello,
    no, we do not really have a Roadmap, we just add features when we come up with a good idea or when a feature is requested by our customers that fit good into this asset.

aurefelin likes this.
  11. Styval

Styval

Hi Maulwurfmann,
    I just bought this asset and I would like to know if voice dubbing for every sentence is possible?
    I really need this for my project.
    Thanks!

aurefelin likes this.
  12. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Unfortunately, this is currently not supported, but in the Asset Store there are several Text-to-Speech asset available, here you should find something suitable. From compatibilty point, we use standard Unity Textboxes, if this is supported by the plugin it should work fine.

We may add support for one of these plugins in the near future, to work with Kings without any modifications, but currently finishing the next update has priority.

hippobob likes this.
  13. hippobob

hippobob

Great!!! I like this,I love you!

14. digifilm

digifilm

The ability to do player specific custom decks would be great.If the cards could be constructed from a DNA variable.

15. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Sorry, i don't understand. Could you please explain in more detail what exactly do you want?

16. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I want to give you now a preview of the Timeline feature:

You can select a start year, which adds the actual years played and grows from round to round.
    The timeline is easy to customize and can be used on a card or in the scene directly, e.g. you could also display the timeline during gameplay.

timeline1.png

The timeline itself uses a standard Unity Scrollbar on which the prefab events are spawned. The animation speed is configurable.
    timeline4.png

The Timeline events itself are scriptable objects.
    timeline2.png

The Timeline events are added similar to the Gamelogs from the EventScript. You can also add an additional text, e.g. you have a Marriage timeline event, and depending on the choice you can either add the "beautiful wife" or "smart wife" text.
    timeline3.png

Hope you like it!

gabor17, BBET, jamopolis and 2 others like this.
  17. digifilm

digifilm

Let's say player finishes a quest and is rewarded a special skin for a card. So it's really the ability to load a different graphic based on the inventory

18. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

For this case you can use the ValueDependentImages script.

digifilm likes this.
  19. digifilm

digifilm

Thanks much. Keep up the great work. Thanks for the timeline.

20. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Here is now the preview of the last features of this patch: Quests

Quests can be repeatable or only done once.
    They can be triggered from the Event script (e.g. War Won), or when a condition is met (Army = 100).
    You can also have Quest rewards like value changes (People +10) or Item rewards.
    The quest list can be freely configured to display e.g. only active quests, completed quests or all quests.

Hope you like it!
    quests.png

Here is also a screenshot that shows a different style of the Timeline feature previously posted. It uses the same data as the above timeline, just displayed differently.

timeline.png

All features are now implemented, we just need to wrap everything up, the update should be available in 1-2 weeks. ;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    digifilm, BBET, Lady_Lai and 3 others like this.
  21. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

jamopolis and digifilm like this.
  22. PotentSama

PotentSama

Edit: My team and I are first-timers in terms of Unity game dev, hopefully you would understand why we ask these questions
    Good day.
    First of all, I would want to thank you for making this asset. This really helped my team in creating our game due to having the same game mechanics. I just would want to ask a few questions:
    1. Pathing/Branching Stories
      • In our game, each card is equivalent to 1 month. I want to ask the proper way in adding values to the YearsValue(or MonthsValue in our situation). What we did is that we made conditional results to each cards which checks if the month has reached the limit(12), then adds a number to the YearsValue if the condition is true.
      • I also want to ask how to fix resets in game. In our situation the YearsValue immediately starts at '4 Years' even if I did the delete data button.
    2. ImEx Editing
      • In the ImEx, the only available options for Field Separator is semicolon, comma, and colon. Is there a way to make the field separators in tabs so that I would be able to see and edit cards conveniently?
      • Would I be able to edit the results immediately in the ImEx?
      • I noticed that using Unity Collab makes the ImEx revert to how it was before. Is it a bug, or is it just us?
    3. Loading/Launching the Game
      • Our game made a Group in the Card Stack which shows a brief tutorial where the first card is the only drawable card, while the other cards are just stacks of follow-up cards. After the last card in that group, we altered something on a value so that the sub-stack condition will switch to the next group. It works, but when we redo the play button in Unity, it launches to a follow-up card(not the only drawable one) from the first group, instead of going to where it was before. Is there a load feature in the asset that I am missing?
    These may be a lot of questions, but I hope that you would be able to answer these questions soonest. Thank you!

hippobob likes this.
  23. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Thanks! Glad to hear you like it! ;)

1) There is an pretty easy solution for this. Go to your month value, in Limits set min to 1 and max to 12. Add an change value script which adds +1 year. and set month to 1. In Events "On Max" call the "changeValue.ChangeValues" function of the added changevalue script. This will automatically add 1 year when max value (12) of month is reached, and set month back to 1.

month-year.png

The resets should work fine. Do you maybe have set the "Limit" or "Random Min" of years to 4? Or do you maybe have a on your first card +4 to years?

2) When you open the file with Excel or similiar application it should automatically put them in separate cells, if this does not work this could be regional setting, try to change the separators. Also for more information about opening csv files look here: https://www.copytrans.net/support/how-to-open-a-csv-file-in-excel/
    imex.png

What do you mean with Edit the results immediately?
    Regarding Unity Collab, this could be a bug, since we do not use this. But i will check this in the next few days.

3) First, on follow-up card, you should uncheck "Is drawable" this will prevent the card from being drawn, since normally it a follow-up card should only be drawn from the previous card and not randomly.

Can you check the value you use to switch the sub-stack condition? I suppose if you redo play button, this value has changed and so the game can not load the previous card again, since the conditions are not met for this sub-stack.

Is it always the same follow-up card? Do you have maybe check "HighPriority card"?

Also I suggest to give your first sub-stack with tutorial cards a condition, that prevents to be drawn when tutorial is done.

Hope this helps! If anything is unclear, just let me know! :)

hippobob likes this.
  24. gavinbryce98

gavinbryce98

Good day!

Hi I would like to ask how to edit and how to trigger the achievements and how will it appear in my Achievements tab? When I open a prefab variant and add an achievement script I cannot go back to the game to drag and drop the achievements.

25. PotentSama

PotentSama

Thank you for the answers to my questions. I solved all the problems pertaining to those questions with the solutions you gave me. Now I have 1 last question:

• Highscore
    I would want to show the longest reign shown through years and months, though I don't know how to show/update this in the UI. Since I have the values Years and Months in the PlayerPanel, I thought of comparing the said values to the LongestYear and LongestMonth(values which displays the highscore), then wanting to replace them with the current Years and Month if the two are greater than the current highscore. The problem is that I don't know how I would be able to do this. I thought of making a conditional result in the GameOverCard which will check that, but the results can only add or set values with integers instead of the numbers containing the compared value. What am I missing here? Thank you again for answering my previous questions​

26. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I just discussed this with my colleague, the game is currently not desigend to work with two date values, e.g. month/year. When done as i described in my previous post, it works, but it's not really optimal, since as you noted it is not supported by the Highscore, and also not with the upcoming Timeline feature. We suggest to rethink if it would work also with just one date value (month, year, rounds, moons etc) or if this must be a month + year system. If thats the case we could try to come up with a solution for it, but it could take a while. So please check and let us know.

27. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Achievements are triggered with the "addAchievement" script. They are attached on the specific card that should trigger the achievement, e.g. "Years_5_Achievement" card.

achievement.png

Every achievement needs to be added in the "Achievement" script list:
    achievement1.png

The achievement objects, that display the achievement itself are located here:
    achievement2.png

These objects needs to be linked to the Achievements script (in Scripts). Then it should work fine. You can also have a look in the documentation for more detailed information.

If anything is still unclear, just let me know!

28. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update 1.50 is now submitted to the Asset Store and should be available soon! :D
    The Web-Demo and the Documentation are already updated, if you want to have a look at it.

update150.png

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  29. VM81

VM81

Hi guys,
    First off- great work on the asset and even more so on the tutorials and the documentation. Writing a comprehensive documentation seems to be a lost art these days.
    Now for my question:
    Is there an easy way to add a timed choice card?
    What I mean by that is a card where you are presented with a choice(like a normal card) but have a diminishing counter(ideally visualized by a time bar) and failure to choose in time leads to auto choosing a predetermined outcome.
    I suppose I can rig something using the value dependent timer, but perhaps there is a better way I'm missing?
    Sorry if the question have been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  30. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Thanks!

Swiping the card after a period of time can be done pretty easily with the "Delayed Event" script.
    Simply add it to the card, change the Delay to the desired value. And call the onLeftSwipe function and the GlobalMessage "next Card" this will also needs a GlobalMessage Sender script to be added, if not already present.

delayedevent.png

Then you would only need to create a Countdown timer for displaying the time, this should not be very difficult, and there should be enough example scripts / tutorials to be found. But if you don't find one let me know.

If anything is unclear, just let me know!

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    jamopolis likes this.
  31. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We have extended the Delayed Event script and added the option to display a timer + scrollbar. Simply replace the attached script, with the one in your project. ;)

Attached Files:

32. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Since Unity did not release Update 1.50 to the Asset Store yet, i used this weekend to make some improvements to the update:
    • Upgraded project to Unity 2019 (to allow editing of the cards without to open them every time)
    • Update is also still available for Unity 2018.3, for compatibility reasons with existing project, but future patches will only be made available for Unity 2019 (you can still import scripts manually into Unity 2018 if you dont want to upgrade)
    • Timed/Countdown card added
    • Value script: If you set a random min-max value, you have now the option to create "whole" numbers, e.g. 25 instead of 24,97
    • Documentation updated
    • Bugfixes :rolleyes:

hippobob and jamopolis like this.
  33. PotentSama

PotentSama

Hi again, So I thought of a way in order to deal with this situation. Is there some way where you could change a value not by integer, but through what is inside another value. For example, Years has a value of 5. During GameOver, there would be a conditional result where it will check if Years is greater than Highscore. If the result is true, Highscore will have the value of Years. I think that if I could do this, I would be able to change the date values(month/year) for my system. Thank you.

Edit: I have seen the Add Value to Value part in the documentation. I could apply that, but I need a condition before I could call that function. (e.g. Compare values Years -> Highscore, if true = addValuetoValue.addValues

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  34. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Sorry, i am not sure if i understand you correctly, but if you want to sort the highscore only by years value you could edit ScoreCalculator script to only use the years value for caluclation:
    scorecalculator.png
    The above shows the default setting, you could set the score values sizes to 1, so only the years value will be calculated and the extra score to 0, to ignore achievements points. then you could set the "100" which is the factor the score value will be multiplied, to 1, this would mean if the player played for 30 years, the score would also be 30.

Regarding the preconditions, with the new Make Changes script, this is possible, but it will not work with the highscore value, since this is not part of the "value system" (like years, people, army etc).

But if you still want to try it out and dont want to wait, simply sent me an e-mail with your invoice number of this asset and i will send you the latest version of kings.

Hope this helps!

35. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Update 1.50 is now available in the Asset Store! ;)

If you should experience any issue, find a bug, or something is unclear, just let me know!

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    jamopolis likes this.
  36. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I just noticed a bug in Unity 2019.1, it stretches some images for no reason. I am sure they will fix this soon, but just keep this in mind, if you plan to release your game soon, you should stay with 2018 for the moment.

37. PotentSama

PotentSama

Nevermind this question anymore.

Currently I am having a problem dealing with the ImEx. Suppose that I export the cards from my work.
    1.png
    I then put the cards that I want to place into the excel file. I followed your steps from a while back on opening csv files. I saved my work, restarted Unity, then went back to the ImEx for importing. What I got was this:
    2.png
    I do not know what I've missed or done wrong here... The cards that I've added had a different GroupName. Is that wrong?

38. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

This seems to be a "Bug" that we already fixed, but somehow forgot to implement in the release version :oops:

You have probably added some special characters in your excel sheet that unity does not understand, for example i had this problem when i typed "..." and excel automatically made from these 3 dots one character, but this will not be recognized from unity.

Replace the KingsImEx script in your project with the one attached. Then it will also not work, but you will see what the illegal character is and you can remove it ;)

kings imex.png

This "fix" will also be included in the next update.

Please let me know if it worked! And sorry for the inconviences!

Attached Files:

39. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I have submitted a new version to the asset store with the above mentioned bugfix.

Also i created a new video for Kings:

HEXEVIL, digifilm, BBET and 2 others like this.
  40. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

jamopolis likes this.
  41. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

We have submitted Update 1.51 to the Asset Store which should be available soon:

Changelog:
    - EventScript extended with "Add/Set Random Int"
    - Reset Inventory function now working
    - Timeline Bugfix
    - Idle Swipe Bugfix

edit: Update is now available in the Asset Store! ;)

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    jamopolis likes this.
  42. MrADN

MrADN

Hello Maulwurfmann Im getting a few errors can you help me, I just imported the asset is the only one imported but I can't continue thanks in advance

Attached Files:

43. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I just tried it with your version of Unity (2019.1.3) and it works fine. It seems that there is a problem with your installed Unity Packages.

Try the following:
    - Help --> Reset Packages to default
    - Restart Unity
    - If error still exist, create a new unity project and import the asset again
    - also if you send a screenshot with error messages please make sure to include the first 1-2 only these are important, the other are only follow up errors

Let me know if it worked

44. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

New Update 1.52 has been submitted to the Asset Store and schould be available soon.

- Fixed "stretched Images" Bug in Unity 2019
    - UI improvements in game scene

45. MrADN

MrADN

Thank you It works now :) amazing asset !!

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  46. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Here is a preview of the next update:

UIadjustment.png

• FollowUp Cards can now be delayed instead of directly spawned after previous card
    followup.png

Update will be available later this month. Hope you like it! ;)

hippobob, BBET, gabor17 and 1 other person like this.
  47. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Web-Version is now updated: Try it here
    In window mode it will be the Portrait version and when maximised to Fullscreen it will switch to Landscape.

orientationhandler.png

We have added a Orientation & Ratio Handler, to make sure that it works with every ratio. Depending on the Orientations, position of gameobjects can be changed and Events can be called of each orientation, you will also have Event for different ratios, to e.g. change the CanvasScaler match mode.

48. BBET

BBET

Hi Maulwurfmann,
    I would like to include a functionality in my game, that I assume is supported by the asset, but I currently do not know how to implement this. I hope you can give me some advice.
    I want to offer selection possibilities for the player (jump to different chapters) during game play. This should be implemented by selection cards, that can be accessed by the player any time. I will have different selection-cards in my game - currently 3 different cards each with 5 buttons to choose from. I know how to jump to the different chapters based on the choice on the selection-card, but I do not know how to include the selection-card that can be directly accessed any time by the player.
    The selection-card should be closed after the Player choice, but the player can open it again any time.

I first thought I can do this with inventory (have the selection-cards as inventory items), but seams that this is not working with multiple button/choice cards?
    Maybe another possibility would be to include new buttons on the UI to open those selection cards (each button opens one specific selection- card), but how would I draw the different „selection-cards“ from those buttons?

Do you have any advice, what would be the easiest way to build this functionality?
    Thanks for your support!

hippobob likes this.
  49. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I would not do this with cards, i would just extend the game menu and add another tab for "chapter selection" and add there the buttons, with the MakeChanges script you can do the same as on a card.

If you want to do this with cards the only way i can currently think of would be a selection card with high priority and a additional condition, when player presses the button for chapter selection, this condition will be set to true and then it will be the next card to be drawn.

BBET likes this.
  50. BBET

BBET

Hi Maulwurfmann, Thanks, makes a lot of sense what you write. UI Menu without cards and usage of MakeChanges Script seams to be the much better solution. I will try it.
    I am afraid it will also get tricky, when I change chapters from a card with a follow-up card - then I miss some cards and never come back to the follow-up card (as the card that draws the follow-up card was already drawn before). I assume I need to restructure the card flow - or do you have any idea how I can remember the card from which I left to the other chapter and draw this card again when I return to this chapter (or directly the follow-up card).