Search Unity

Games Kingdoms - Faction based Sandbox MMORPG

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SocialArenaPR, Oct 2, 2019.

1. SocialArenaPR

SocialArenaPR

Kingdoms is a Fantasy Sandbox MMORPG currently in the prototype phase. Some of the key features include:

Housing/Crafting Features
    • Launch Day - (Nothing in the world but Land, Animals, Monsters and Nature. You will build the world around you.)
    • Non Instanced Player Owned Housing
    • Decorate Your House However You'd Like
    • Every Finished Item In Kingdoms Is Player Crafted
    • Kingdoms Is Free To Play
    • No Global Chat, Only Person To Person Above Head Chat
    • Player Vs. Environment Combat
    • Player Vs. Player Combat
    • Raid Monsters
    • Full Player Driven Economy
    Player Settlement Features
    • Settlement token - Build your settlement up around your settlement token. As your settlement levels up you will be able to build out further and further away from the token.
    • NPC Shop keepers - Hire NPC shop keepers to man your shops in your settlement allowing you to sell your wares 24/7 even while offline. Have complete control over your shop keepers including what they will buy from other players.
    • Settlement Job Board - Advanced Player Contract system allows you to place job requests inside settlements and allows other players to fulfill those jobs. Go around the world from settlement to settlement doing odd jobs for players and coming out on top with a fortune in your bank account.
    Other Game Features

• Community Events
    • Regularly Added Recipes and Plans For New Item Types
    • Charge Players Rent To Access Your Land (For Hunting/Harvesting Rares)
    • Ages Of Time and Technology will evolve with Population and Economic Growth
    • Ever Growing Housing Style Options For Each Climate.
    • Multiple Climates/Landscapes Will Be Available At Launch
    • No Pre-Defined Skills Trees
    • Animals/Monsters Only Drop Materials To Craft Items, Not Finished Items.
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5AQwxZe

A video of my framework being used for Kingdoms can be found here:

eaque, Kamil_Reich and tylerguitar75 like this.
  2. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Cool progress but it looks like you are unsure of what you are making. The first video clearly depicts a goal towards a sandbox (Possibly survival) and then it looks like you started ditching that idea heading towards an mmorpg WoW clone. (Which I do not recommend as a team of 1). Do you have a plan for this project or is this more of a messing around to learn type of project? One of the worst things you can do is develop a game without some sort of idea as to what you want it to be at the end. Because then you will simply play some game you like and then start pulling pieces from that and adding it to your mishmash of a game. The game will never get past the beginning stages of development. I know this because I've cycled through at least 50 unfinished projects in the last 10 years here. o_O:D

tylerguitar75 likes this.
  3. SocialArenaPR

SocialArenaPR

lol I'm the same way with the 50+ unfinished/Prototype projects in the last 10+ years. This game is a Survival Sandbox MMORPG with tab targeting combat at least for now. I may redo the combat system at some point in the future but for now it was the easiest and quickest combat to get implemented.

And awesome progress on A simple life!

ExDeaDguY and tylerguitar75 like this.
  4. ExDeaDguY

ExDeaDguY

Great and thanks! Well best of luck with this project. I think the world needs more survival sandbox games! That's pretty much my go-to genre for entertainment and as of right now the pool is very limited.

5. SocialArenaPR

SocialArenaPR

Work continues and here are some of the latest screenshots from development over the last few months:

eaque likes this.
  6. eaque

eaque

great work! keep on going your way!;)