Search Unity

Kinematic body only supports Speculative Continuous collision detection

Discussion in 'Physics' started by eron82, Mar 20, 2019.

1. eron82

eron82

Kinematic body only supports Speculative Continuous collision detection.

Speculative Continuous detection is full of bug. Wrong collisions and wrong velocity/rotation detection.

How can i use the Continuous or Continuous Dynamic with a isKinematic objects? (like in Unity 2017)

2. Edy

Edy

Kinematic rigidbodies don't react to collisions. In order to ensure other non-kinematic bodies to react properly to collisions with the kinematic body you must move the latest with Rigidbody.MovePosition and Rigidbody.MoveRotation from FixedUpdate. Any other method of moving/rotating the kinematic body won't cause the expected results.

If you still have issues after the above is verified, then it may be a bug. I'd recommend you to submit a bug report with a simple repro case.

3. hottabych

hottabych

The same bug in Unity 2019.1

4. V-J

V-J

bug in Unity 2019.1.13f

5. olonge

olonge

I had the same issue.

It was because I was setting an item's RigidBody.isKinematic to true, so that it could be moved by an animation

Code (CSharp):
    1. rigidbody.isKinematic = true;
    however the items collision detector was set to "ContinuousDynamic", which was not right.
    To address this, I needed to set the Collision detector to "ContinuousSpeculative" before setting isKinematic to true...

Code (CSharp):
    1. rigidbody.collisionDetectionMode = CollisionDetectionMode.ContinuousSpeculative;
    2. rigidbody.isKinematic = true;