Search Unity

Kids app is rejected due to UnityFramework

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by gegagome, Jun 12, 2021.

1. gegagome

gegagome

Apple is rejecting apps that use Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework and I am at a loss because nothing works. My app is rejected all the time.
    Is there a Unity fix to this? I mean a Unity checkbox where I appease Apple and get to finally update my app? This is a kids app which goes through a different review process I guess.

Getting this rejection from Apple:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Analytics does not use nor reference the IDFA.

3. gegagome

gegagome

My bad
    If you don't mind where should I get my issue looked at?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you using advertising? Something appears to be referencing the IDFA. Perhaps this forum https://forum.unity.com/forums/unity-ads.67/

5. gegagome

gegagome

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You have to claim that to Apple if so. "Does your app include third-party analytics? If so, please provide details about what data is collected for this purpose." and tell them what is in your Charles capture, if anything.

7. gegagome

gegagome

Been doing this since 2011 and this has never been an issue and despite the fact that I don't collect or use any third-party analytics they don't stop rejecting my educational app.

Guess I 'use' Unity's Analytics but that's something that I can't disable when using Unity's IAP. So not sure but I could do there. Apple's Apple and no matter how many times I reply with "but that's not something I can disable and I 'really' don't use any player data" they always reply with submit a new build without that framework.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Don't guess! Use Charles Proxy to determine what is being sent. Please send me your (unencrypted) Charles capture in a private message. Apple has been known to keep changing the rules for submissions. the Unity framework is clearly necessary. I suspect that may be boilerplate text. I know they are concerned about the IDFA for privacy, can you ask them for more specifics? In your appeal, you might want to also provide your Charles capture (after we take a look at it)

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Also, I have asked engineering to look into this further.

10. gegagome

gegagome

Just got the app rejected by the Apple App Store appeal board.
    Guess most devs don't sell on the kids (young children) category but I am and have been for a long while and since January I have been unable to submit an update.
    Any thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I know Apple is becoming more strict on many of their policies and have been inspecting the binaries during the review process.

12. gegagome

gegagome

CORRECTED:
    I meant ' since January I have been UNable to submit an update'.

13. gegagome

gegagome

It looks like I am making another kids' app for a client and it is also for young children.
    Any ideas regarding this issue?

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Check to make sure what is being sent by using Charles Proxy.

15. gegagome

gegagome

Apple does not care about charles proxy. They just want the ASIdentifierManager removed.

Any ideas?
    @JeffDUnity3D

16. gegagome

gegagome

17. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Analytics does not use ASIdentifierManager. That is generally advertising related.

18. unser

unser

Any ideas?? Tried with the new unity ads 4 but still have the same problem. I had the same problem with another app 2 years ago and I forgot how finally got accepted but seems like a recurring nightmare.

Please help us! I'm going crazy

19. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

As far as I know you can't have advertising in a kids app.

20. gegagome

gegagome

Apple is changing a lot of things in the kids category so whatever worked in the past is just deprecated requirements, etc

21. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, it has been a major moving target for us.

22. kaushikjadav

kaushikjadav

Any update on this issue as I am getting the same issue

Guideline 1.3 - Safety - Kids Category

We still noticed that your Kids Category app includes analytics, advertising and collects, transmits, or has the ability to share personal information or device information with third parties. Specifically:

- Your app includes third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit or share identifiable information, including, for example, IDFA. We found that your app references the ASIdentifierManager API, which provides access to a user's IDFA, in the following location(s) in your binary:

• Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework

It would be appropriate to remove all instances of “ASIdentifierManager” from your app, even if they are not utilized in your app's functionality.

23. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@kaushikjadav What Unity services do you have in your project?