Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Kids app being rejected by App Store.

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by HectorSilva, Feb 11, 2020.

1. HectorSilva

HectorSilva

Hi.

I am trying to publish an app developed in Unity and aimed for children from 6 to 12 years old. It's being rejected because "includes third-party analytics, third-party advertising or collects, transmits, or has the ability to share personal information or device information".

It's a very simple app, I don't use in-app purchases, ads, or something similar. In Services I don't include Analytics, and I checked the "Disable HW Statistics *" option, despite which, the app is still being rejected (see message I share below).

I am using Unity 2017.4.

Any idea how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

============== App Store Message ====================
    Hello,

Thank you for providing this information.

However we continue to find that your app is out of compliance with the following guideline:

Guideline 1.3 - Safety - Kids Category

We noticed that your kids app includes third-party analytics, third-party advertising or collects, transmits, or has the ability to share personal information or device information.

Specifically, your app includes the following feature(s), contrary to guideline 1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines:

Third-party analytics with the ability to collect, transmit or share identifiable information (such as name, address, date of birth, email, location, photos, videos, drawing or the ability to chat), device information, or the IDFA.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please remove this functionality or revise your app so that no personally identifiable information or device information is sent to third parties.

If you are using third-party libraries, please update to the most recent version of those libraries. If you do not have access to the libraries’ source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the “strings” or “otool” command line tools. The “strings” tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and “otool -ov” will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These tools can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides. You could also use the “nm” tool to verify if any third-party libraries are calling these advertising APIs.

We look forward to reviewing your resubmitted app.

Best regards,

App Store Review

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you confirm if you have the Adsupport framework in your XCode project? Did you set the COPPA setting? We have heard of similar reports, we are trying to track it down. Apple has changed their policy recently with regard to Kids games, and it's more strict.

3. HectorSilva

HectorSilva

Thanks for answer.

Adsupport framework is not present in the XCode project (attached image).

No. Could you please tell me where must I set COPPA settings? (Sorry, I've never done this before and Google doesn't help me).

So is. I have previously uploaded apps for children and this problem had not been presented.

Attached Files:

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

If you would not know where the COPPA setting is (when you enable Analytics), then you haven't set it. Thank you for checking. Can you look for DeviceSettings.mm in your XCode project.

5. HectorSilva

HectorSilva

DeviceSettings.mm is Attached (renamed to be able to upload it). Any guidance you can give me is welcome, thank you very much..

Attached Files:

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

7. HectorSilva

HectorSilva

8. TrilumStudios

TrilumStudios

Did you have any luck HectorSilva? We are having the exact same issue, we also don't include Analytics, and checked Disable HW Statistics. Our game is 100% free edutainment, and we want no ads or analytics of any kind.

We haven't tried the solution in the linked thread yet, but noticed that's been active since 2014 or so, and the most recent comments don't report whether it still works.

This is starting to feel like a nightmare we can't wake up from, and we will never get on Apple.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

10. HectorSilva

HectorSilva

I could not. I had to remove the classification "for children" in my app. In this way Apple did not reject the app and it was finally published.