Search Unity

Kid Buu wip

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by blackdragonstory, Jan 9, 2012.

1. blackdragonstory

blackdragonstory

I am trying to create atleast one good character from anime series and now it's time to play around with buu.
    I use 3ds max 2012 for modeling and photoshop cs5.1 for texturing my models even thq on this model I used just 3ds max materials cuz I will be using method of doing high poly model first and then low poly on which I will add all the details from hight poly model by texture.I hope it will work.I always had problems with topology soo check that out.I just want to know if I am going in right direction with model.

I hope I did not make too much mistakes :)

2. Chambers

Chambers

I'm not a modeller but it certainly looks very good to me! One thing that stands out on the model is the chest, I think it stands out a little more than it should which could be something you want to look at. Otherwise keep up the excellent work.

3. xzile40

xzile40

Nice start!

First I'd like to say that (when/if you update this) i'd like to see a little bit more work on the pants. I know this is just a start, but make sure you work on the pants a bit. The pants aren't bad for a start (and yes i've seen worse than that in google on 'finished' projects)

Cant wait to see an update on this :)

4. TehWut

TehWut

Yeah, somethings a little funky with the pants. I think just some basic topology and overall shape. Also the topology looks a bit strange around the crotch area :D

5. blackdragonstory

blackdragonstory

Thanks,I will update this as soon as I create his head.Also I know about pants,it looks like that cuz I started preparing them for slopes but then I saw it is going to be lot of work to get the shape correct soo I skipped that part for now.
    While haveing break from other stuff I did his boots and new belt...
    I was wondering a bit about his fingers,should they be a bit shorter?

6. MABManZ

MABManZ

Mesh density is a bit high for an in-game model, try to eliminate edge loops that don't contribute to the overall character shape much.

The hands should also have clearly defined edges for joints/fingers. Also the back and chest is very flat, it should be curved (see pic)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  7. blackdragonstory

blackdragonstory

8. blackdragonstory

blackdragonstory

Here I got a update to the post.I created head several times and this is the best I manage to get and I am pretty much satisfied but I got one "big" problem.Looking from front it looks right but on the side not much.Soo I am wondering what you think and is there any way of doing side without losing front.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7296/kidbuuhead.jpg

9. blackdragonstory

blackdragonstory

Hello,it's me again.
    I hope there is people interested in watching my art.
    Here is a simple turnaround showing kid buu head.First one is normal model and second one is the same but with turbo smothing on :)

http://www.moddb.com/members/blackdragonstory/videos/kid-buu