Search Unity

Feedback [KICKSTARTER] action RPG Yalroc Island, coming 2021

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Yalroc_Studios, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Yalroc_Studios

Yalroc_Studios

Here is a little teaser for our action RPG Yalroc Island

We're working on a demo sometime this summer.

It is an rpg action, in the spirit of landstalker on megadrive.

A day-night cycle is already in implemented, with a logical npcs behavior (they go out in the morning, go to bed at night, etc ...). And their behavior changes according to your actions.

There is also a Zelda Majora's Mask key, in the sense that everything revolves around a disaster. There is not a moon that will crash but a flood :)

It works on cycles of three days, which can be restarted at any time, keeping of course the recovered equipment.

When you say it like that, it sounds a bit like a melting pot, but I think the final game will be coherent!

I'm still putting the kickstarter campaign which contains more information if you're interested in the project.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-classic-and-innovative-action-adventure-game

But to be honest, we don't rely too much on the campaign anymore.

and would be happy to answer your questions, or have your suggestions :)

KeyGameUniverse likes this.
  2. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

The game looks fun, the graphics remind me of ps1 games and i love it. I wonder how the flood will be implemented.

I worry because i hate time limit in games. I hated majora mask for that reason and any games that uses timer. I had nightmares playing final fantasy 13 part 3 because of the timer. I just hope you find good balance between the people who hate it and people who love it.

The only issue i have is the artwork :l . I will suggest to hire a professional artist. It's the first thing your kickstarter backers or your future buyers will see.

Overall it's something that might appeal to me in playing :)

3. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Reminds me a bit of Little Big Adventure, however I think you need to bring out some more personality, at this stage it seems very generic.

4. Yalroc_Studios

Yalroc_Studios

thank you very much for your opinions!

Indeed I hope it is not frustrating, I too had a little trouble with Majora's Mask, even if I loved it in the end.

Regarding the artworks, you're not the first to tell me that, so there must be a problem, thanks for bringing that up!
    I really need to get help from a pro on this, because I spend a lot of time on it, but without too many results.

The kickstarter will obviously miss, so I think I'm going to put things straight, and try not to make it too generic.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020