Search Unity

Keyframe recording mode gives error

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Specter37, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Specter37

Specter37

I'm trying to make a simple 3d game where when you reach a trigger it ends the level, and I want a animated screen to play but every time I turn on the 'Enable/Disable keyframe recording mode' it give me two errors that say the same thing, '[14:11:30] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Unity.Editor.EditorWindow.RefreshStylesAfterExternalEvent () (at <bunch of numbers and letters>:0)
    I don't know what to do

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

This sounds like you didn't assign a game object to the target of the recording. Can you post a screenshot of your recorder?

3. Specter37

Specter37

I'm moving the 'MADE BY A PERSON' text up, the error doesn't prevent me from animating it's just really weird... Screenshot (36).png

4. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Tell me what version of Recorder you are using (from Window - Package Manager) and give me the complete error message '[14:11:30] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Unity.Editor.EditorWindow.RefreshStylesAfterExternalEvent () (at <bunch of numbers and letters>:0)