Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Keyboard Conflicts (Linux)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GiMiTiUs, Aug 31, 2020.

1. GiMiTiUs

GiMiTiUs

[EDIT] Apparently there were a seperate section for Linux where i found someone posting similar issue and i can't delete this thread so... [/EDIT]
    I resently moved from win10 to linux mint and installed unity, vscode and everything it required. Besides all the minor issues with those, my issue is that i can't use 'spacebar' to jump when i play my games in EDITOR eventhough i have defined it in 'Input Manager'. Every other button/key works and for some reason 'Shift + A' shortcut which i have no clue why.
    • Spacebar works otherwise as intented, not in editor playmode.
    • 'Shift + A' shortcut can't be found in unity or linux default shortcuts
    • If trying to rebind 'spacebar' to some unity shortcut, like 'Play Animation' which uses 'Space' by default it changes to letter 'O'.
    • Not sure if there are any conflicting softwares that could affect it but non found so far.
    • Removing and reinstalling everything didn't help (i followed instruction to install them).
    • Checked if there were any conflicting (or broken) packages inside unity or even linux but no.
    • Same issue happends in other unity versions, other projects or even changing to different scripts didn't help.
    I've ran out of ideas since i have not used unity on linux that much, so... any help or ideas what could cause this?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    anonGod likes this.
  2. anonGod

anonGod

Hi GiMiTiUs, its been a year and I've encountered the same bug in multiple LTS versions. Did you ever manage to fix this?

3. GiMiTiUs

GiMiTiUs

Hi anonGod, yep it's fixed. After i posted this to the linux section unity quickly replied telling me to download the latest unity version which was available for download few hours later. No problems since. So kudos to unity!