Search Unity

Bug Key deactivates any Windows update - Requires resolution!

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MrLucid72, Oct 4, 2020.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

This is driving me crazy, and surely also for many other users.

Whenever I update Windows (a notable update, generally), Unity deactivates my key. There is no quick option to "re" activate this key. I get a link to manage keys that doesn't work. I then look around to find a working link, then progress through the Unity dashboard maze. Billing? No. Company? Sort of. Eventually, I find the key. Oh no! It's already assigned to a PC (this PC, before I updated Windows). Gotta REMOVE the seat >> reassign.

Finally done, right?

Nope, laptop just updated Windows too. Great...

@Unity, Cmon mates. Can this be a priority for Unity Hub? It's a breaking bug destroying workflow, followed by further discouragement of Windows updates. This can be resolved by being less overzealous with hardware checks or allow ezpz "refreshes" on hardware keys. You're hurting the people with valid keys: No matter how hard you secure licenses, if someone wants a sketchy version, they'll find a way.

That said, gamedev 101: Prioritize your users over license security zeal. Have it, but don't bother us with it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

+1 I am now unable to start my project untill I find how to remove and assign seats, license is broken, spent the whole morning re-installing and checking every thread's solution that does not work for me somehow