Search Unity

Kermdinger Studios - indie game studio filming a "vlogumentary" about our development

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by KermdingerStudios, Feb 2, 2012.

1. KermdingerStudios

KermdingerStudios

Hey Unity Community!

My name is Anthony Palma and I'm the CEO and programmer of Kermdinger Studios. We are an independent video game studio that was just founded earlier this month, and we are currently developing an indie game title slated for PC/Mac that will be released in December 2012 or January 2013 (building in Unity3D of course). We're taking what we think is a unique and interesting marketing approach and filming what we're aptly calling a "vlogumentary" which is basically a documentary we are filming via weekly video blogs that will follow our development cycle, our personal lives, and what it takes to be a brand new indie developer.

We've already started filming these and we plan to release a new video every Friday covering a new topic in our development/lives. If we can get the word out about these videos early enough, we think this can generate a significant amount of interest in our first game and our company, and the snowballing of Internet interest will be much greater if we can pull this off.

Check us out and tell your friends so we can build some headway early on!

A link to our first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZLY2Hp4meQ

Follow us on Twitter: @Kermdinger
    Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Kermdinger

Thanks for checking us out!
    -Anthony

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. EnigmaFactory

EnigmaFactory

Entertaining video. Would have liked to seen some of the game or more technical talk instead of goofing around. Perhaps show of the tools you are using and explain your pipeline after first giving us a real glimpse into what your game concept is. Very good for an introductory episode though and I will certainly watch the rest as you make them.

3. KermdingerStudios

KermdingerStudios

Thanks Enigma! We're very early in development so we don't have much to show, but we wanted to film/post these videos throughout our WHOLE development process, and obviously concepting comes before prototyping, so we'll get to the good stuff in good time. As for showing our game concept, we'll be holding off on that until we release gameplay footage or a playable demo just so we don't give away our secret sauce too early, but again, you'll get to see all this once we get to the point where we can show it.

Thanks for your interest! We hope you stay tuned.

4. jjsuperspy

jjsuperspy

awesome video cant wait to see more on your youtube channel and i have subscribed and everything keep the good entertaining videos coming :D and also cant wait to see what you guys are making

5. KermdingerStudios

KermdingerStudios

Thanks JJ! We're working hard on getting a demo up and running ASAP, so I'd safely say you can expect to see one next month :)

6. EnigmaFactory

EnigmaFactory

hahaha, secret sauce is the best kind of sauce.

7. puyaceo

puyaceo

Something like this is what makes people want to join the projects.

8. KermdingerStudios

KermdingerStudios

9. KermdingerStudios

KermdingerStudios

Video #3 is up, and it's a good one! This week we talk about what we're working on, show some concept art, and discuss how things work at our studio. Check it out here: http://youtu.be/HMfb2LwglBo

Thanks for your support!