Search Unity

Kekos - Customizable 3D Character Cartoon Kids

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MameshibaGames, Apr 16, 2022.

1. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Escalera.png

✨✨ Take a look at Unity Asset Store ✨✨

Hello! We are a team of two people (artist and programmer) that have been working on this character editor tool for speed up your projects with a lot of different characters.

FEATURES
    • Customize your character with the editor in a fast, clean and efficient way.​
    • Easy export to prefab and package for fast integration.​
    • Tons of items and colors to choose from: torso, pants, shoes, gloves, hairstyles, hats, glasses, eyes, eyebrows, facial features.​
    • Blenshapes (morphers) for facial expressions.​
    • Runtime scene example.​
    • Compatible with Built-in pipeline, URP and HDRP. Just unpack and use.​
    • Humanoid Rig.​
    • Sprite icons for each item.​
    • 20+ character prefabs included out of the box.​
    • Works on multiple platforms and environments: PC, Android, iOS, VR, etc.​

Current number of elements in the package:
    • Torso: 6 models + 6 different textures each (36 total)
    • Legs: 6 models + 6 different textures each (36 total)
    • Feet: Barefoot + 6 shoes + 6 different textures each (37 total)
    • Hands: Barehands + 4 gloves + 6 different textures each (25 total)
    • Full torso: 6 models + 6 different textures each (36 total)
    • Backpacks: 3 models + 6 different textures each (18 total)
    • Caps: 4 models + 6 different textures each (24 total)
    • Glasses: 6 models + 6 different textures each (36 total)
    • Hairstyles: 8
    • Eye types: 6
    • Eyebrows: 3
    • Skin tones: 13 and 6 skin details
    • Face characteristics: 8
    • Blendshapes (morphers) for face epressions: 27
    Cover.png Integration.png
    Pipelines.png ShadersCompatibility.png

FAQ
    Feel free to ask any question!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    RosaIglesias likes this.
  2. ductrananhduc

ductrananhduc

Any update ?

3. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

☀️☀️☀️ ¡Summer Update is here! ☀️☀️☀️

summerupdate_.png
    • New summer elements: 2 feet, 1 glasses, 1 cap, 3 full torso, 1 backpack with 6 different textures each. And 1 skin tone and 1 skin detail.
    • Full new scene showing save and load behavior in a runtime scenario. Also, added an example window in the character editor scene to show the save and load information working through two separate scenes.
    • New jump animation (In place and root motion versions).
    • Added new documentation: Technical document, F.A.Q., and Custom license file.
    • Two new preconfigured character prefabs: Tama and Cuco.
    • Polishment on all skin weight objects: changing the bones number influence to 4 and fine-tuning some vertex weights.
    • Broken prefabs fixing tool to fix an importation problem with the bones order in the skinned mesh.
    • Minor general fixes and improvements.

RosaIglesias likes this.
  4. OddKidToons

OddKidToons

Just bought it. Loving the asset. :) How often will you be releasing new clothes and/or props?

RosaIglesias likes this.
  5. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello idoltap! Thank you for your purchase. Glad you like it. We are a team of two people, and right now we are working on a new package. We want to update KEKOS package not only seasonal but with another kind of theme cloth. But we don't have a clear roadmap for the updates. We will post them in the forum when they are ready. Enjoy it!

OddKidToons likes this.
  6. OddKidToons

OddKidToons

That would be awesome. :) Yeah was hoping for just that, Halloween costumes haha.
    BTW, FImpossible added a script to integrate into your asset for their "Look Animator". It grabs onto the look blendshapes and treats them as normal bones:) I am happy to send it if you want. :)

7. OddKidToons

OddKidToons

I have a support question, nothing is broken, But I am not a coder and I want to use my controller with this asset and use the in-game editor. But, all the scripts look for your controller. Can I get this with a simple trigger instead? Like triggered by the player tag? Would be awesome if possible. I tried to do it myself and made a mess. haha.

8. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello Idoltap! Can you write to our email mameshibagames@gmail.com with the details? We will do our best to try to help to integrate both the "Look Animator" and your own controller.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

9. captainudong

captainudong

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@10.5.1\Editor\ShaderGraph\Targets\UniversalTarget.cs(191,37): error CS0117: 'Fields' does not contain a definition for 'AlphaClip

This error message appears. How can I fix it?

10. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello @captainudong

Please can you contact us to our support email mameshibagames@gmail.com with the following information in order to help you with your problem in the best way possible?

Unity version, Pipeline (built-in, URP or HDRP) and pipeline version, KEKOS package version, the stack error that you put here and invoice number.

Thank you in advance!

11. OddKidToons

OddKidToons

Hello, sorry for the late reply, idk why, but I dont get notifications when you reply here. But I got that controller figured out.

one of my friends is one of the other developers and he designed an integration for Kekos into his for me that allows me to use the blendshape eyes of Kekos as if they had bones and I can now have the look at and follow anything with a tag or that I target them to look at. If you would like that script and the name of the asset I will be happy to send it. Not sure If I am allowed to mention the name of other assets in your stream. haha. The developer is very open to collabing with other asset developers.

Let me know. It really speeds up my workflow when I am animating the Kekos kids. :)

12. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello @idoltap No problem! The forum system doesn't notify sometimes with the replies.

We are glad that work with other packages so if you can send us the script and the name of the asset through email ( mameshibagames@gmail.com ) in order to evaluate it to implement it in a future update if possible, would be really nice.

Have a nice day!

13. OddKidToons

OddKidToons

14. Poyer404

Poyer404

Any spoiller about new feature or new assets? :D

15. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello @Poyer404

We have a new package in review right now that has the same style. We hope to publish it in the following weeks.

About KEKOS we are looking for time to work on some new assets.

Have a nice day!

Poyer404 likes this.
  16. vonslick

vonslick

Hi, is there a way I can use my own characters? I like your characters but they look very young. I want to use my own ones or make slightly more mature-looking ones.
    Thanks

17. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello @vonslick !

I'll try to clarify how the system works.

The KEKOS system is a hybrid between external FBXs (glasses, caps and hairs) that are attached to the head bone and a character model FBX (with all the other items rigged). We also have a simple FBX for the humanoid configuration. When in the editor we configure our character and select the option "export" the system strips the unused meshes leaving only the used ones. Also, the system information is based on scriptable objects so is easy to extend.

We have some technical document in the package but in resume: if you add external FBXs like glasses, caps and hairs should work with no problem following our naming system. Also modifying the character model FBX should work also (also following our naming system), but here you can face some difficulties depending on the 3D software that you use to modify because the file has the face morphers, rig, body meshes, etc.

18. Impro12

Impro12

19. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello @Impro12

We have tested it with the "KekosCharacterRIG.fbx" in the animation folder and it's working fine.
    mixamoExample.PNG

Also, due to the character rigging use the Humanoid Unity System, you can use animations with other rigs, like the mixamo one (you don't need to upload the model if you don't want), or different animations compatible with the humanoid system in the asset store.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Have a nice day!

20. Impro12

Impro12

Thank you!

MameshibaGames likes this.
  21. ina

ina

Are the blendshapes compatible with ARKit face tracking?

22. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello @ina !

We have made a quick test with the AR Foundation Samples and with some name-changing (for the blendshapes) and a bit of work, and our conclusion is that it has partial support. (In the video you can see the full body but you can have only the head, hair, and face items).

We also have tested with the lipsync plugin salsa which also work with some time making the setup.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask!

Have a nice day! Pou pou!

Attached Files:

23. hsynntsdmr

hsynntsdmr

Hi, how do you save character cloth data?

24. MameshibaGames

MameshibaGames

Hello @hsynntsdmr

Do you mean how we store the character cloth data to restore in another game run like in this runtime example video?