Search Unity

Keep the device screen on without touch input

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by naligator, Sep 8, 2015.

1. naligator

naligator

Hello,
    I am using Unity 5.1.3f1 Personal on MacOS X 10.3.3 (OSX Yosemite) to build for Tizen and submit to tizen-store.

I have a car-racing game that uses only device left/right tilt (GyroScope / accelerometer) for input inside game.

I want to keep the device screen on without touch input-- but not happening on Tizen-- and my apps getting rejected repeatedly due to this.

However, when I play-- the screen dims and then the device gets locked.

I tried both of the following but they dont seem to work:
    (1) I tried inserting the statement "Screen.sleepTimeout = SleepTimeout.NeverSleep;" - in various places in source files including my GameController-- I added logging also-- to ensure that the statement is getting called.
    However, this does not help-- the device / game goes to sleep irrespective.

(2) I tried implementing the solution in the link below-- through my GameController script--
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/403092/how-do-i-reset-screensleeptimeouts-user-input-time.html
    and added a call to PushScreenLockPrevent (); in my start() method-- however this also does not help.

Please advise / help.

Best Regards,
    Nalin

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

At the moment this does not work however I will work on implementing it for a 5.2 patch release.

naligator likes this.
  3. naligator

naligator

Hey MasterFalcon,
    Thanks for reply-- my questions below quoted text.

1) when will this 5.2 patch release be released ?

2) Also, how to make our tilt/accelerometer-gyroscope based games work and get approved on Tizen store for now ?

Regards,
    Nalin

4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

For now, probably nothing beyond advising users to increase the screen timeout in device settings or have something to tap on the screen.

naligator likes this.
  5. naligator

naligator

ok- and approximate release date / time to Unity 5.2 patch which fixes this ?

6. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Around 9/22. No idea what time, that's up to release engineering.

naligator likes this.
  7. naligator

naligator

cool scene sir (or maybe I should say Master!) - thanks for the info- and I pray this release can happen sooner rather than later!!!
    -N