Search Unity

Keep gathering Bluetooth Low Energy data in background on Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Tapgames, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Tapgames

Tapgames

Hi All,

I have made an app called Deskbike for Android and iOS. I made this app in Unity3D because there will be a small game included. This app connects to a Bluetooth Low Energy device called a Deskbike this is a small hometrainer for under your desk at work ;)

Now my problem is that users complain when they have the app open and receive a phone call or when another app is opened the app stops receiving cadences information from the bike and the user will lose all there data in between.

I searched the forums for stopping unity to go into sleep when in the background by altering the UnityPlayerActivity pause function this is not doing anything. Maybe it's me, I added a Debug.Log in the update function and see it printing in the console and when I send the app in to the background it stops printing so I assume it stops running. This is of course tested from in the app on the phone not in the editor.

Now this is a fitness app and I need to get data from the bike when the app is send to the background and if the user stops biking and the bluetooth connection disconnects after a minute of idle the app will save the progress closes it self to stop the app running forever and save the batteries on the phone ;)

What are my options here?

Thanks, Roy

2. Tapgames

Tapgames

No one?

3. AgusB

AgusB