Search Unity

Keep Camera Preview Active When Camera Not Selected in Hierarchy

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by bcgreen24, Jun 6, 2016.

1. bcgreen24

bcgreen24

Hey, folks-- how can I keep the camera preview active at all times so that when I'm positioning objects I can see how the camera sees them? Or is there a way to overlay an outline that shows the bounds of the camera in the scene view?

Thanks!
    Bryan

adnanzmn97 likes this.
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Grab the Game tab, and drag it away from the window. It will open in a window of its own. Position your windows however you need to in order to see everything you want to see at once.

(This is where two monitors really comes in handy!)

3. jso1980

jso1980

you can lock the inspector window on the camera (and make a new inspector to use normally)

4. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

I think the Game View is exactly what you are describing. It always shows what the camera sees. The camera view is just a smaller window of the Game View. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question because the Game View is a default view in the editor and I'm sure you know that it exists.

5. ZaKAmiar

ZaKAmiar

thanks

fakeshop likes this.
  6. Martin_Anderson

Martin_Anderson

If anyone has this same issue, where you created a new camera that you want to see the outline of, if you give the camera the tag MainCamera then it stays visible. This only works for the first camera that has this tag though so if you still have the main camera in the scene you will have to remove the tag from it first and then add it to your new camera

7. NotLLamaLord

NotLLamaLord

thanks