Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Kb&M is fine, but gamepad input is not going through

Discussion in 'Input System' started by huaffinity, May 19, 2020.

1. huaffinity

huaffinity

Hi. I'm on my journey of migrating my current project to the New input system.
    As stated in title I've no issue doing whatever I want to do with Keayboad and Mouse input, but none of any input is going through when it comes to gamepads.

I've been testing with 1 Dualshock4 and 2 Xbox One controllers. Unity detects them fine. But even through the new Input Debugger I see no change to any values I attempt to input.
    I first thought perhaps I've been directing input to function wrong(thinking it requires different way from how my KB&M worked), but turns out via Input Debugger Unity just isn't receiving any input from my gamepads.

Code (CSharp):
    1. MyInputs.Player.Movement.performed += CharacterControl.HandleMove;
    This just won't trigger
    HandleMove
    when KB&M does no issue.

So what's left for me to look was my settings in InputActionMap. I'm hoping this is what I'm doing wrong, but whether I make a separate scheme and bound input device or not I'm seeing no good news so far. I.e. bound my gamepad move to; gamepad L Stick, vector2 bound it up down left right all in value mode.

Any thoughts may help.
    Thx.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. snakpak

snakpak

I had a similar issue, I think. I had separate keyboard and mouse schemes, and I could get one OR the other to work, even though they were both checked off on every action. To solve for me, I made one scheme that is a keyboard and controller scheme.

3. huaffinity

huaffinity

Thx for feedback!
    I hope that'd solve mine as well.
    However, did you have 'a' scheme, or none at all?

snakpak likes this.
  4. huaffinity

huaffinity

OMG.
    It works.
    I deleted all my control schemes and left only bindings, and it works.

Thanks snakpak!

snakpak likes this.
  5. snakpak

snakpak

Awesome! Yeah I have a scheme that I just called "Keyboard and Mouse". Glad I could be of help!