Search Unity

Karting Microgame Tutorial - HIGH CPU Usage

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by emreanilterzioglu, Oct 16, 2021.

1. emreanilterzioglu

emreanilterzioglu

Hi,

I'm new and trying to run Karting tutorial game on android device but it's freezing hard. I just added basic touch input that's all. Also I decrease texture sizes, set project quality to lowest with no shadows. I checked profiler windows and noticed that there is one function that slow everything(I attached the screenshot below). What is wrong with these functions. Could you please help me?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like you have an exception in a FixedUpdate? Did you check the console for errors?

3. emreanilterzioglu

emreanilterzioglu

Hi, I noticed that and there are a errors.
    Errors are filled only with these:
    • Autoconnected Player Texture creation failed. 'None' is not supported for Render usage on this platform. Use 'SystemInfo.IsFormatSupported' C# API to check format support.
    • Autoconnected Player NullReferenceException
    EDIT: I searched the internet and I changed scripting backend mono to Il2CPP and nothing changed. Also disabled touchInput mechanism and still no change.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  4. emreanilterzioglu

emreanilterzioglu

Hi everyone again,

I found the problem and turned-off that section. Problem is on PostProcessVolume's Color Grading segment(ScreenShot_3).

If I turn that on there is a warning appears like this:
    Autoconnected Player 'R16G16B16A16_SFloat' is not supported. RenderTexture::GetTemporary fallbacks to None format on this platform. Use 'SystemInfo.IsFormatSupported' C# API to check format support.
    And errors same as on previous message.

I checked unity documentation and I think that is causing because android can not support RGBAHalf Texture Format requirement(That is my idea NOT SURE).(ScreenShot_4)

If you know the truth could you please add to this topic to help other newcomers like me.

Thanks.

Attached Files: