Search Unity

Kart Drifting asset rejected

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PopRockLex, May 15, 2021.

1. PopRockLex

PopRockLex

I tried to publish this asset and they rejected me because they say there are too many assets like it.
    I looked around and they have other drift assets but they're all for more realistic cars. The only kart one I could find was this Powerslide Kart Physics | Systems | Unity Asset Store. And that one looks like crash bandicoot drifting instead of what mine looks like. Maybe I could add other features to make it more worthwhile? They already have so many good features on the official kart racing system I don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Recon03

Recon03

Maybe add some cool abilities, that it may do. add some cool maps and sell that as well.... Maybe add levels ...... so you are selling a whole kit.

Jaimi likes this.
  3. Jaimi

Jaimi

I agree - make it a whole kit, show changing levels, scoring, etc.

Recon03 likes this.
  4. BetaMark

BetaMark

I agree with the other posts. Add in more mechanics outside of your core game loop.

The Unity official Karting Microgame has a lot of the same features that I think I saw in your video -- so you'll need to build something that really shows all of the other parts of a cart racing game such as:
    * menus for start, map selection, score tracking
    * AI opponents
    * upgrades between levels
    * achievements
    * single-screen multiplayer
    * joystick support

Now, with that said, if it was me, I wouldn't build all that unless I knew I could sell it, so perhaps reach out to unity directly before you continue on developing your asset.

5. Pixelith

Pixelith

Maybe because it looks like you just changed the models to this and are trying to sell it

You'd have to make it a whole kit as the others say if you want something like this to actually sell anyways. A Mario Kart Kit essentially. In addition to what was stated above you'd probably wanna add
    1. Easy track creation (Make it simple for someone to make new race tracks)
    2. Unlockable Functions (Kart, Players, etc.)
    3. Customizable kart Templates (Helps show how to accomplish this for the absolute beginner)
    4. Easy character steering wheel IK (Not really needed, but would be nice)
    5. Power-ups
    6. Easy kart setup (no one wants to spend 2 hours setting up a new vehicle)

6. PopRockLex

PopRockLex

Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond. Gives me a lot to think about and work on!

7. Recon03

Recon03

Sure thing good luck.. Take your time and make something unique and cool... a lot of Trash on the store...