Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Justified text doesn't respond to Wrap Mix setting with Text Wrapping Mode to Normal

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by KKITAANIK, Jun 29, 2023.

1. KKITAANIK

KKITAANIK

I just updated TextMeshPro from 3.0.6 to 3.2.0-pre.4, and found that the justified text in my project is no longer working as intended. No matter what I set Wrap Mix to, it never changes the size of whitespace, and instead just stretches out the words to make the line flush with both sides. To absolutely confirm, I took screenshots of 0.0 and 1.0 values for Wrap Mix and they were pixel-by-pixel identical. I also tried closing and re-opening the project, as well as creating a new text object, and neither was successful.
    I did find that switching Text Wrapping Mode to Preserve Whitespace did produce the expected behaviour (with 1.0 stretching out the words and 0.0 only stretching whitespace), but of course doing that means that the right side is no longer aligned because of the extra white space there.
    For completeness, here's a screenshot of what it looks like, at both 0.0 and 1.0 for Wrap Mix, when Text Wrapping Mode is set to Normal:
    upload_2023-6-28_18-27-3.png
    Is there a way around this? Have I misunderstood what's happening, or is this just a bug?