Search Unity

Just wanted to say thanks for everything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IllTemperedTunas, Jun 17, 2020.

1. IllTemperedTunas

IllTemperedTunas

Like most in these parts i've ran my mouth during periods of burnout and talked lots of S*** about the things that bother me about Unity, or just ran my mouth about random S*** I know nothing about, but lately I feel like perhaps we're using this forum as more a place to vent our frustrations than to do any sort of "general discussion" about this fantastic engine that looks like it's on the verge of some very cool new features in the future.

So just wanted to say thanks for everything. And despite the off topic noob questions, peanut galleryness, and general gamedev social awkwardness it's been fun to ramble and ask questions in these parts.

Also I think the mods do a fantastic job all things considered, and I like that even they are critical of Unity from time to time. Says a lot about the company that they take all the criticism in stride to bring us a good product.

That's about all! Take a deep breath everyone, always darkest before the dawn and all that sentimental horse S*** :D...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  2. unit_dev123

unit_dev123

thank u unity staff great job during the virus crisis!

3. aer0ace

aer0ace

Of all the ranting that I read on this forum, it's as if the grass is greener on the other side. It's gamedev. It's hard any angle you look at it. You'll always be presented with challenges. You can use different tools if you want, but you're still climbing the same mountain.

Amon, bobisgod234, Martin_H and 3 others like this.
  4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

yeah i'm really thankful for the fact that unity is both free to use and has awesome community support. I do my next project in unreal only because it seems better suited for a specific niche I target, but I think for most indie game projects unity is going to make the most sense.

I definitely couldnt get started without it. fact that a regular dummy like me who can barely add two numbers can make a game is big testament to the software and team who've developed it

aer0ace, Amon and Martin_H like this.