Search Unity

Just Upgraded to Unity Pro!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hai_ok, Apr 23, 2008.

1. hai_ok

hai_ok

I always thought that I'd be operating as a game development company before I could get pro. And that as an individual, I wouldn't be able to afford pro. I've been planning to release a game made with indie and hope that it sells enough to upgrade to pro. Well, the wait is over.

Before my first Unity project even got off of the ground, my loving wife offered to let me get Unity Pro! It was either that, or buy myself a new mac. But it didn't take very long to decide to upgrade Unity.

I know its probably not that exciting to you. Maybe you even already have it. Well, I'm out of my little mind! I can't wait to try out all those juicy new features! I'm still at work and I haven't even plugged in the code yet. But I just wanted to share my excitement with all of you. Yaaayyy!!!

I also wanted to thank OTEE for making the only thing I actually love more than my Mac! (besides my wife) Thanks to all of you!

2. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Hehe, congrats. My wife did the same - she said "go and buy it" simply. They're sometimes so wonderfully understanding! :)

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

A system upgrade or an engine upgrade - tough choice? Nahhh! Grats :)

4. zumwalt

zumwalt

Grads!
    I was in the same boat as you, but wife say 'go ahead' and bam! Loving it ever since! The possibility of this engine is limitless! Greatest team of devs I have seen.

Jonathan

5. nickavv

nickavv

Congrats! I still have Indie. I'm in the position you were talking about where I'm banking on one nice indie game to get me enough profit for Pro. ;)

6. hai_ok

hai_ok

thanks everyone. You guys rock!

7. AaronC

AaronC

Hee hee good on ya mate!
    AC

8. KlaRo115

KlaRo115

I want unity pro, but I don't have enough money...

9. aaron-parr

aaron-parr

I don't have the money either. It seems you need a rich wife to buy it for you these days. :)

10. KlaRo115

KlaRo115

a wife? (I'm 15...)

11. nickavv

nickavv

*Gaston joins the crew of fifteen year olds who can't afford Unity Pro and aren't old enough to get a rich wife!*

:p

12. KlaRo115

KlaRo115

Hey! :x

(That's right)

13. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Ditto. My wife gave me the final go ahead to upgrade to 2.0 a while back. Thanks sweetie!

PS. Now if I could only convince her that a Time Capsule (500GB) would also be a wise decision with a small portion of our income tax return. :wink:

14. 64746c

64746c

I turned 15 a week ago... and I should be buying Pro today or tomorrow. :D

15. KlaRo115

KlaRo115

You are lucky guys...