Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Just not reliable enough

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by GrumpyRhino, Jan 22, 2019.

1. GrumpyRhino

GrumpyRhino

Hi, first of, if it helps, I'm using Version 2018.2.10f1.

I've been using Unity Collaborate for a few months, mainly so I can work on 2 different machines and sync up between them easily. It seemed awfully unreliable even for this limited use. Almost every time I update one of the uploaded files won't have updated properly. Because of this, and because I'm working on a live game, I have to spend a lot of time testing every time I upload/download to make sure it's not broken something important.

However, last week it introduced a bug into the live game - not because of one file being the incorrect version, but because two were. The bug wasn't too awful, but meant some players got a fair amount of free gems (~$4 worth per player). I'm going to move to just using one machine, as I have lost all faith in its reliability. I am a fan of Unity, and was really hoping this would work. Hopefully this feedback is useful.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    LIVENDA_LABS and Marc-Saubion like this.
  2. LIVENDA_LABS

LIVENDA_LABS

Yes we have also lost complete confidence with Unity Collaborate and many other users concur. We lost many many hours of work and it is incapable of doing a SIMPLE scene merge and is very unpredictable. What is going on Unity? Please at the very least acknowledge that it is utterly useless at this stage and very detrimental and a BIG Waste of time.

3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

from what I heard its going to move to the standard git system underneath. It was something custom made before.

This may improve things.. fingers crossed

Deleted User likes this.