Search Unity

Just installed - stuck with "no network connection" even when I disabled firewall

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Gamer1972, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Gamer1972

Gamer1972

On the first launch of Unity, it looped back and forth between a "no network connection" window and a sign-in window. I couldn't really interact with either because of the looping. I couldn't make this condition different no matter what I did, disabling the firewall (ESET), MalwareBytes, and even NVIDIA GeForce Experience (just because). I eventually figured out how to do a manual activation, but when I launch Unity it still says there's no network connection, even with the firewall off. But of course I wouldn't be able to post this if that was the case.

Anyone have any other ideas to try? I Googled it but I'm just not seeing anything helpful.

Windows 10, Unity 2017.2.0f3 (64-bit)

Thanks.

2. Gamer1972

Gamer1972

Ok, I think I figured it out. ESET has a HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System) module that runs even when you disable the firewall. I added a 'rule' allowing the 'application' "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe" to always 'allow'. This seems to have fixed it.

Hopefully, you can leave this post here or move it somewhere where other ESET users will be able to Google/search for it if they have the same problem.

:D

JoeStrout likes this.
  3. Gamer1972

Gamer1972

rrahman182 likes this.
  4. imcnab

imcnab

Was able to fix this after a few hours of trying. My network adapter has always reported as "No Internet Access" even though it works fine. I disabled ARP offload on the NIC. When I did this I, the adapter was now reporting Internet Access via IPV4 and after doing this I was able to logon through Unity 2017.3.

5. IT-NESTER

IT-NESTER

I fix it by a simply way:
    1. Press WIN + R;
    2. Write " services.msc "
    3. Turn on " Windows Event Log "
    Done. Unity is working correctly :)

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      165 KB
      Views:
    Alaniumacity, mhmde3, JnPri and 4 others like this.
  6. unity_V4sXqBNGPm6JKA

unity_V4sXqBNGPm6JKA

after hours trying to fix it, reinstalling and failing THIS did the trick for me. Thank you, from Brazil!

7. chesnokchanel

chesnokchanel

[QUOTE = "IT-NESTER, post: 3436058, участник: 1750329"] Я исправляю это простым способом:
    1. Нажмите WIN + R ;
    2. Напишите « services.msc »
    3. Включите « Журнал событий Windows »,
    Готово. Unity работает правильно :)[/ QUOTE]
    большое спасибо мне

8. Sarah1390

Sarah1390

Thank you for the fix IT-Nester. My windows event log was running but I decided to restart the service anyways and as soon as I started up unity it was presenting me with the log in function. Thank You Very Much

9. 123_umer

123_umer

How you did that??

10. VuongDuy

VuongDuy

Thanks man, you're life saver!

11. mhmde3

mhmde3

thank you very much, that fix my problem

12. cradiff

cradiff

I am using MAC and meet this problem. I solved in my case

Keep Unity Editor opening and then open Unity Hub then choose Account -> Manage License -> Check for Updates. Wait for update success then get back to Unity Editor the service will online. Hope this tips help.

13. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

if you use beta version of Unity HUB, change your channel from beta to production that will solve your problem just after you restart Unity and HUB.