Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Just installed 2019.2.0 -> Post Processing errors with MinDrawer.cs and CurveEditor.cs

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by robinsail, Aug 16, 2019.

1. robinsail

robinsail

I installed 2019.2.0 for Windows platform and Android build. Imported Oculus Integration package, etc. Just added a 3D plane and a few assets. Tried to do a build to get apk file for Go headset set up -> but can't build because there are errors in Unity's post processing scripts.
    First error was with MinDrawer.cs. -> Found help at GitHub forum and fixed it.

However, now I'm getting several CurveEditor.cs errors:
    EventType.repaint obsolete
    EventType.mouseDown obsolete

It looks like Unity's Post Processing feature isn't quite 'ready' and I don't want to spend a lot of time troubleshooting; I'm concerned that after CurveEditor, it will be some other script...

I'm working on a simple project with a short deadline.

Can I just remove the post processing feature? Is it just a matter of uninstalling the Post Processing Package from the Package Manager? Then later, when there's an update of the package and everything is fixed, I can just reinstall?

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Hummm... 2019.2 is still warm out of the oven. Maybe all the extra baggage that Unity/Oculus requires hasn't arrive yet. How about trying the last stable version of 2018 or 2017. It's a shot in the dark but it may work.

3. robinsail

robinsail

Thanks. I had installed 2019.2.0f1 because the release notes indicated that it was fixing a bunch of Android issues, and I though that if i went back to previous releases, I might run into more of those issues.
    After I posted here, I removed Unity 2019.2.0f1--and also deleted some other versions (which I thought I had already thoroughly removed). Then I installed 2019.2.1f1.
    With the 2.1f1 installation, the post processing errors have disappeared and I'm able to run a successful build. I still plan to avoid using the post processing features though until they stabilize.

4. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Clean installs are the way to go. Glad you were able to sort this out.

unityunity