Search Unity

Just installed 2019.2.0 -> Post Processing errors with MinDrawer.cs and CurveEditor.cs

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by robinsail, Aug 16, 2019.

1. robinsail

robinsail

I installed 2019.2.0 for Windows platform and Android build. Imported Oculus Integration package, etc. Just added a 3D plane and a few assets. Tried to do a build to get apk file for Go headset set up -> but can't build because there are errors in Unity's post processing scripts.
    First error was with MinDrawer.cs. -> Found help at GitHub forum and fixed it.

However, now I'm getting several CurveEditor.cs errors:
    EventType.repaint obsolete
    EventType.mouseDown obsolete

It looks like Unity's Post Processing feature isn't quite 'ready' and I don't want to spend a lot of time troubleshooting; I'm concerned that after CurveEditor, it will be some other script...

I'm working on a simple project with a short deadline.

Can I just remove the post processing feature? Is it just a matter of uninstalling the Post Processing Package from the Package Manager? Then later, when there's an update of the package and everything is fixed, I can just reinstall?

2. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Hummm... 2019.2 is still warm out of the oven. Maybe all the extra baggage that Unity/Oculus requires hasn't arrive yet. How about trying the last stable version of 2018 or 2017. It's a shot in the dark but it may work.

3. robinsail

robinsail

Thanks. I had installed 2019.2.0f1 because the release notes indicated that it was fixing a bunch of Android issues, and I though that if i went back to previous releases, I might run into more of those issues.
    After I posted here, I removed Unity 2019.2.0f1--and also deleted some other versions (which I thought I had already thoroughly removed). Then I installed 2019.2.1f1.
    With the 2.1f1 installation, the post processing errors have disappeared and I'm able to run a successful build. I still plan to avoid using the post processing features though until they stabilize.

4. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

Clean installs are the way to go. Glad you were able to sort this out.