Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got my first review article

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rajmahal, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I woke to a twitter message showing I got my first review from a blogger. I have to say, I'm really happy. I've been trying to get reviews for a while now and it's great to finally get one. Anyway, here's the article for those interested:

http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow/item/20053_Gun_Frenzy-plenty_of_guns_plen.php

Nice enough review and it's great to get some detailed feedback. Anyone know of a good way to get more such reviews and articles published? I've tried emailing various writers at sites but it's really hard to get a response. Does it help to be active in the site's forums and community, first? Is it just dumb luck? Any good sites where they tend to like doing write ups for indies?

2. melkior

melkior

What I noticed when I was trying for an app last year was most of them don't reply, amongst those that do they ask you to buy ads on their site with no promise of a review, and some few just straight up offer you to pay for a review.

There are tens of thousands of apps released every year - it is impossible for these sites to cover even a reasonable portion of them so I understand the lack of coverage myself .. I think your very fortunate to have even one of them do a review for you.

Mostly they seem to like to cover things that are popular anyways .. see it works like this:

- something becomes popular
    - because its popular people start looking for it
    - people come to their site and search for 'minecraft' or whatever is popular
    - they either find a review on that popular game on the site and stay and read it, or they leave

So these sites are constantly following whatever the trend is ; until you become the trend your going to have problems.

That's just what I've noticed the past few years - I sincerely wish you better luck though!

Grafos likes this.
  3. TheValar

TheValar

Congrats! I would love to have one of my apps professionally reviewed! That being said I clearly can't give good advice on getting more :p

4. dilepoutee

dilepoutee

Love your Apps...Nice

Rajmahal likes this.
  5. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Thanks guys ... I probably just got lucky in that the reviewer downloaded the game and liked it.