Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Just got my cardboard vr

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by image28, Dec 17, 2014.

1. image28

image28

Just got my cardboard vr built and working, haven't tried building anything with unity, have a little issue getting the cardboard vr unity asset to build, adb reports some errors on startup....

Code (csharp):
    1. Unable to resolve superclass of Lcom/google/vrtoolkit/cardboard/proto/Phone$PhoneParams; (1646)W/dalvikvm( 9084): Link of class 'Lcom/google/vrtoolkit/cardboard/proto/Phone$PhoneParams;' failedE/dalvikvm( 9084): Could not find class 'com.google.vrtoolkit.cardboard.proto.Phone$PhoneParams', referenced from method com
    Anyway, will try sort that issue over my Christmas break and get some demos out, anyone else playing round with cardboard vr, if you have a good phone ( in my opinion ) it's better than the first release of the oculus rift ( with both head tracking and graphic quality )...

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Depending on your phone, there's other less expensive options available too. Cardboard is barely a solution obviously, more of a neat parlor trick than anything.

I got the VROne last week ,works with iPhone 6 and the frame rate is great for a demo I've had working on the rift for a while. Only issue so far is that everything looks "Zoomed in", squished.

I have a cardboard as well, though, but I haven't built anything with it. Probably won't, but it's a neat little thing.

3. Navid

Navid

@image28 download the latest Android SDK .
    Old SDK was the reason for the errors at my project.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    image28 likes this.