Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Just got my cardboard vr

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by image28, Dec 17, 2014.

1. image28

image28

Just got my cardboard vr built and working, haven't tried building anything with unity, have a little issue getting the cardboard vr unity asset to build, adb reports some errors on startup....

Code (csharp):
    1. Unable to resolve superclass of Lcom/google/vrtoolkit/cardboard/proto/Phone$PhoneParams; (1646)W/dalvikvm( 9084): Link of class 'Lcom/google/vrtoolkit/cardboard/proto/Phone$PhoneParams;' failedE/dalvikvm( 9084): Could not find class 'com.google.vrtoolkit.cardboard.proto.Phone$PhoneParams', referenced from method com
    Anyway, will try sort that issue over my Christmas break and get some demos out, anyone else playing round with cardboard vr, if you have a good phone ( in my opinion ) it's better than the first release of the oculus rift ( with both head tracking and graphic quality )...

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Depending on your phone, there's other less expensive options available too. Cardboard is barely a solution obviously, more of a neat parlor trick than anything.

I got the VROne last week ,works with iPhone 6 and the frame rate is great for a demo I've had working on the rift for a while. Only issue so far is that everything looks "Zoomed in", squished.

I have a cardboard as well, though, but I haven't built anything with it. Probably won't, but it's a neat little thing.

3. Navid

Navid

@image28 download the latest Android SDK .
    Old SDK was the reason for the errors at my project.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    image28 likes this.
unityunity